Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want to see soldado start atop alone anymore we need Ade with him to take the burden of linking up play. I dn't get people who put soldado as a lone striker in their lineups when we know how frustated he gets with the lack of service to the point were he starts of overthinking and wen the service does eventually come his never their.
I think we won't see Soldado and eriksen start together unless Ade is unfit or injured or we sell him.

Btw is Lamela injured?

Btw is Lamela injured?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Kane and Townsend are listed as our injured players
Paulinho is suspended

Not sure why Sherwood was slated for the weak midfield the other night when we have no Sandro or Paulinho, and Dawson was suspended meaning Capoue had to play CB...but there you go.

My team would be.

............................Lloris

Walker.........Vlad.............Daws............Rose

............................Capoue..............

Lennon................Dembele.............Eriksen

............................................Ade

...................................Soldado

Players like Holtby and Lamela coming off the bench later is a great advantage

Concentration, application, motivation and BALLS! Sherwood can only do his thing, pick the team and so on. He needs to back off a little and allow the players to step up and be counted. I felt he did this against WH and it worked to a point (15 mins from the end). At this time, he needs to show his abilities as a coach and save the moment tactically? It's 11 `vs 11. We have the better players but do we have the motivation?

Two weeks ago:

Trading in other peoples misery is the worst thing, I'm upset, I wanted us to succeed.

We have no plan now, Sherwood is 'interim manager'.....not even levy is backing him.....there isn't much to support right now, but I'll still be there tomorrow whilst you are trying to 'win' meaningless petty arguments on here.

Well after the Spam game Sherwood gets the chance to correct some of his naivety. We were too open and while Adebayor played well he did NOT play as a striker, he played behind Defoe, so it was not a 442.
We will need more of a structured, disciplined attitude for these guys.
Lloris
Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose (ready or not)
Sandro, Dembele
Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela
Soldado
We then have decent subs - Ade, Holtby, Chadli, Sigg, Capoue,fryers
If things gel could be a surprise win !!!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!
partyhard.gif

Well after the Spam game Sherwood gets the chance to correct some of his naivety. We were too open and while Adebayor played well he did NOT play as a striker, he played behind Defoe, so it was not a 442.
We will need more of a structured, disciplined attitude for these guys.
Lloris
Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose (ready or not)
Sandro, Dembele
Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela
Soldado
We then have decent subs - Ade, Holtby, Chadli, Sigg, Capoue,fryers
If things gel could be a surprise win !!!

Not sure why you and others keep selecting sandro for the game, his injured..

I have seen some authorities saying his is available, some not. Perhaps in future i will put a qualifer on team formations in future.

He is apparently in the running to start with a late fitness test but I hope he does not start.. With his injury history and a more than capable backup in Capoue no reason to risk him...

Lloris
Walker vlad Dawson rose
Capoue
Lamela eriksen Chadli
Ade
Soldado

It is written that he will be world class tomorrow.
You may be right, but I don't go along with Spurs fatalism. I haven't seen him play but the stats indicate he isn't that good, and we should profit.

Imagine we had Gomes or Archer in goal on Sunday and Saints had Boruc, plenty of people would be saying Saints to fill their boots. We have a great chance, Saints are leaking goals. Of course if the players aren't up for it, we'll lose for sure. Up to them to start fighting for the club. There were excuses for the West Ham debacle, not sufficient ones for me, but I can see we were short in defence. We now have Daws back, the '3 wise men' have had a look at the team and squad, they should be able to pick a more suitable team than their first flawed effort.

Soldado and Lamela yes. Not sure about Eriksen.

Part of me wants Cap Dem Holtby Soldado Ade Lamela, a lot of physical strength in that six and some creativity.

But if there any doubts about Ade/Cap/Lamela/Dem fitness then Eriksen for sure.

More than anything I want players out there who are fit and prepared to play for 90 mins.

The last two games it's been painful to see players selected who aren't able to last the pace. It's hard enough to beat Prem teams - trying to win with unfit players, don't get it, don't want it.

Utd are 1-0 against Spam and move above us into 7th - so looks like this match will be a good old fashioned 9th v 8th 6-pointer

(if Southampton win they go above us, if we win we're 6 points clear of them and looking good for 8th place)

Back
Top Bottom