Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton haven't won in five games, they're not in amazing form either. Having said they're still playing well.

I'm praying that West Ham selection was because we really wanted to save our players for this one ... so like an A side and a B side. It could be like that manager who always substitutes at half-time because then they can press like bastards for each half (can't remember his name, it was probably Tuchel at Mainz when they were on their crazy winning streak). Might be wishful thinking though :unsure:

I feel pretty positive about tomorrow, but then again i also felt like that before the game on Wednesday. We will eventually reach the point where we will start improving and manage to build some momentum, when that happens though is anybody's guess. It would be really helpful if we'd score early tomorrow as it would help the morale of the players and also let us have a better control of the game.

ooh, just remembered we might be able to try the diamond now that Rose is fit:

Lloris
Walker Daws Vlad Rose
--------Capoue
Eriksen ------ Dembele
--------Lamela
Soldado Adebayor

Holtby should definitely get some time too, given his strength with the throughball. Usually the diamond's weakness is width but Walker and Rose may make up for that. Eriksen could interchange with Lamela, but I think Eriksen is more familiar with a deeper midfield role and Lamela is more prolific near goal.

What I really like about the diamond though is that it puts Lamela on the center stage - he'll have much more responsibility and maybe he'll fail miserably, but at least he'll get on the ball. It seems like when he's playing on one side and Townsend's on the other, everyone forgets to pass to Coco. :( I'd like to see a more aggressive performance from him, along with Eriksen - certainly we'll need it since Saints are pretty fierce pressers, but it could also open up a little bit of space if we can pass-and-move around them.

ooh, just remembered we might be able to try the diamond now that Rose is fit:

Lloris
Walker Daws Vlad Rose
--------Capoue
Eriksen ------ Dembele
--------Lamela
Soldado Adebayor

Holtby should definitely get some time too, given his strength with the throughball. Usually the diamond's weakness is width but Walker and Rose may make up for that. Eriksen could interchange with Lamela, but I think Eriksen is more familiar with a deeper midfield role and Lamela is more prolific near goal.

What I really like about the diamond though is that it puts Lamela on the center stage - he'll have much more responsibility and maybe he'll fail miserably, but at least he'll get on the ball. It seems like when he's playing on one side and Townsend's on the other, everyone forgets to pass to Coco. :( I'd like to see a more aggressive performance from him, along with Eriksen - certainly we'll need it since Saints are pretty fierce pressers, but it could also open up a little bit of space if we can pass-and-move around them.

The thing is that lamela and eriksen can both play wide so it wouldn't be horrendous but Southampton really do like to attack out wide, especially with their fullbacks. I think natural wingers may be more of a strategic move to combat this, unfortunately Townsend is injured bit lamela isn't a bad option to have at all

Back
Top Bottom