Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was much much much better, we played some lovely football at times and worked as a team..
This is the type of football we all know we are capable of..
Walker was immense, as was Holtby, Paulinho and Dembele..
The only complaint was our finishing at times but that has nothing to do with being negative that was bad luck mixed with bad judgement.
Play lke this more often and things will get better..

Holtby MOTM for me

He kept us ticking, and he should've got an assist or two if it wasn't for some poor finishing
I thought he, Capoue and Paulinho were our best players today.

I think if we can solve the final third then we will be in for a better time in the second half of the season. Not convinced that the lone striker formation is the way to do it, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
My past PM exchange with you taught me all needed to know about you. You are arrogant and self-interested. You start having a go at others because you think you are the one true voice then I will register my dislike in the only way available. I have no desire to converse with you as experience has taught me that the only opinion you care about is your own. You are an embarrassment to your alleged age.
You neither know nor understand anything about me, and your childish use of the dislike function pretty much sums you up. You won't say anything because you have nothing of value to say, save that of an Ill informed and irrational opinion of someone you have never met. I can justify why I am irritated by the naivete and specious comments made by phillyspur and I suspect that your support for him is probably down to the same level of ignorance of how the game is played. My knowledge of the game is down to having played it long enough and having watched it played at a high standard for even longer. As for my age, if you haven't reached it yet - WTF do you know about it?

I think if we can solve the final third then we will be in for a better time in the second half of the season. Not convinced that the loan striker formation is the way to do it, but we'll have to see.

Rasiak, Booth - what's the problem with the loan striker? :adegrin:

Well done Spurs - I didn't think we'd win today - but we did.

Not everything is rosy but I'm not gonna criticise, 7 points after the Man City debacle is great - and like last season a strong set of results in December could really make our season.

Happy for AVB too actually - he needs some breathing space.

Nice!
MOTM Walker by a long way
Well played Naughton good on ya son.
Thought Chadli also deserves a mention, effective.

More importantly my nerve is being restored. Showed today we have a SQUAD, which we will need. Marathon not a sprint.
COYS!

You neither know nor understand anything about me, and your childish use of the dislike function petty much sums you up. You won't say anything because you have nothing of value to say, save that of an Ill informed and irrational opinion of someone you have never met. I can justify why I am irritated by the naivete and specious comments made by phillyspur and I suspect that your support for him is probably down to the same level of ignorance of how the game is played. My knowledge of the game is down to having played it long enough and having watched it played at a high standard for even longer. As for my age, if you haven't reached it yet - WTF do you know about it?
Like I say, arrogant and self-interested.

I repeat, I have no desire to converse with you.

That was a massive 3 points. Need to start banging those goals in otherwise these tight scorelines will go against us.
Capoue was very important. Kaboul must be shot, sad cause i rate him very highly.
Mid week game must rest everyone who will play v pool.

I think if we can solve the final third then we will be in for a better time in the second half of the season. Not convinced that the lone striker formation is the way to do it, but we'll have to see.

I don't think it was the final third was our problem today. We really shouldn't be wasting chances like that, it's still getting at me even though we won.

Oh, and a special mention to Holtby.
Unlucky to not have scored/assisted ... but Man! He's got some engine in him. Nonstop.
He showed it even more today why he could work perfectly fine along Eriksen, if Holtby is played deeper.

Back
Top Bottom