Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Missed the game today and cant be arsed to read 30 pages. Where the melts out in full effect after going a goal down as per?

See we scored from a set piece and an own goal, that should give them plenty of ammo.

:dawsonmean:

His work ethic has been really impressive but he's really got to score at least two of those today. Finishing is his best quality and he needs to do it to keep himself in the side. Love the effort though. He's a yiddo.
yeah I agree but it can't be easy constantly being in and out of the side. I think people expect him to come straight in and put away his chances. Saying that he should have scored at least 1 today.

yeah I agree but it can't be easy constantly being in and out of the side. I think people expect him to come straight in and put away his chances. Saying that he should have scored at least 1 today.

He has gotten two starts in a row now and he's made a career of taking chances like that no matter what. He's got to score today if he wants to earn the spot. Still glad to see how lively he was today and I really loved his passing against Fulham to set up two good chances for Paulinho and Lamela.

My comment was based on your totally "way off the mark" assessment of who I am and what I stand for.
It was also designed to get you to renege on your comment not to discuss anything with me.
So it looks like I got that right.
The dislike button thing - do you think your behaviour is mature and adds to the quality of any discussion? I'm not going to bother responding to it, if you or anyone else wants to play that game, then its your issue not mine - I will still sleep well at night, my salary will remain solid, my wife will still be as lovely to me and I will still get all of the joy from my family that I always do. Sadly though, the gloss of being a Spurs supporter will be tainted by one small amount more, knowing that another person - capable of such a childish spiteful and generally meaning less act, also supports the same club. A bit like seeing someone arrested for violence being described as a spurs supporter - it just makes your heart sink, doesn't change your life a jot, but you just think, "what a shame."
I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with my opinions - but hitting dislike hardly gives me any reason to understand why I might be wrong, other than to see that its you - and to think - oh yes, its what he does. If I'm wrong, Say why and I'll discuss it civilly and politely, if you have nothing to say, then say nothing.
Fuck me is he finished ,somebody cut me down whata boring twat:windy:

We just beat Sunderland, ok, away. Let's not get carried away.
Better performance, but it was Sunderland and the performance was laboured,they are Shite. I await everyone's hate with baited breath.
If we can do the bin dippers I will be all tingles, bring it on.
Well done for saying (seeing) it as it is. I'm enjoying the victory as everybody else.
Good performance but reality check is needed?

Well done for saying (seeing) it as it is. I'm enjoying the victory as everybody else.
Good performance but reality check is needed?

Reality check for what? We've had 2.5 good performances out of the last three after getting walloped and are three points off second.

Things are rounding into form and our football looks so much better. Just need to start finishing.

There was a phase in the second half where the passes were really coming off. Capou was threading some great forward passes and holtby and demeble were running with the ball facing goal. Paulinho and wingers were making great stretching runs and Defoe was running the gaps. I was finally seeing spurs playing 'football'. I was excited. It dropped off a bit but it was great to watch. I loved capou's interceptions. Walker played excellent with no brain farts but lorris is turning slightly Gomes!

Sorry for spelling. Not used to iPad.

Just got in from the match, here's my thoughts!

Initially was concerned beforehand about us not starting Sandro and Capoue playing Centre Half as the Dembele and Paulinho combination has had mixed success lately. However I thought we bossed possession although Sunderland initially had the best chances up until they scored and Lennon seemed to be moving inside to the Striker position next to Defoe, I wonder if he's fully fit or if this was tactical? I dunno what Lloris was thinking not looking to catch the cross for Johnson's goal? He needs to take after Pat Jennings!
Great response to their goal and instinct from Paulinho to stab it over the line after Capoue I think flicked it on first. After that it was one-way traffic, we did well to put in a dangerous cross for the OG which demonstrates the importance of getting more crosses into the box as we can get that luck sometimes. They brought Cattermole in but AVB seemed to telegraph that move by putting Sandro on to give him a Tiger Uppercut! :sandroscream:
I thought in parts we played some of the best football we've played this season and it stemmed from really simple triangular passes and Holtby seemed like a little metronome, ever hungry and enthusiastic to keep things ticking!

Thought it was touch and go depending on the result but 2 wins in a week on the road has given us a bit of respite! COYS :avblol:

Well deserved 3 points, and i'll be the first to put my hands up and admit that when i first saw our line up today with our changes from the fulham game i was lost as to why they were done. But the team as a whole done a very good job in a match that was definitely not guaranteed. Capoue was fantastic playing out of position and naughton showed us how important it is to have a full back in a full backs position. Not been his biggest fan to date and my judgment is still out on him but paulinho put a fucking shift in today and offered a lot more then what he has done so far especially going forward. Holtby is on a high and long may it continue and chadli looked decent on the left linking up with dembele. One last thing lennon has proven in the last two games what i've believed for the last 3 seasons. he is a fucking key player for us and offers so much more for the team as a whole, even if the final product aint always there him and walker rape the right hand side. If rose and townsend can do that on the left after christmas then fuck me i feel sorry for any team who comes up against us.

3 points, great support from our lot and everyone else fucking up today, how could you not have a smile on your face tonight. Finally get to sit back on a sunday and watch the cunts under a little bit of pressure that we've had to deal with every sunday.

Enjoy your night lads and as for the sensitive fuckers in the thread, the whole bickering squad needs to do one. You can argue all night over the internet and try to out smart each other but the whole lot of you will still look like mugs:adelol::adebaehug:

There was a phase in the second half where the passes were really coming off. Capou was threading some great forward passes and holtby and demeble were running with the ball facing goal. Paulinho and wingers were making great stretching runs and Defoe was running the gaps. I was finally seeing spurs playing 'football'. I was excited. It dropped off a bit but it was great to watch. I loved capou's interceptions. Walker played excellent with no brain farts but lorris is turning slightly Gomes!

Sorry for spelling. Not used to iPad.

Blatant, BLATANT, BlAtAnT, bLaTanT, tnatalb.

Back
Top Bottom