Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reality check for what? We've had 2.5 good performances out of the last three after getting walloped and are three points off second.

Things are rounding into form and our football looks so much better. Just need to start finishing.
Reality check on performance. Of course we've done well since City. I just feel the euphoria, on getting the result, is clouding people's views on how good we are at present. The team was changed again tonight so cohesion is not happening. I'm as happy as all but I feel we are way off to where we should be in Dec. ( we drew with Utd who have lost thier last 2. - beat 2 of the bottom 3 teams).I do agree, we are improving.

Reality check on performance. Of course we've done well since City. I just feel the euphoria, on getting the result, is clouding people's views on how good we are at present. The team was changed again tonight so cohesion is not happening. I'm as happy as all but I feel we are way off to where we should be in Dec. ( we drew with Utd who have lost thier last 2. - beat 2 of the bottom 3 teams).I do agree, we are improving.

Just because United has lost their last two doesn't mean they are some rollover side. When we played them they were coming off a 5-0 win against top German side. They were also aided by two horrible mistakes on our part.

The complaining about the different lineups is also a bit unfair. We have a large amount of players worthy of playing following all the players we bought this summer. This was always going to be the case and it is even more the case with all the injuries we've sustained. Last year everyone complained about how AVB never rotated. He can't win with some.

We are starting to look how we should in December we just need to get the proverbial finishing boots out. Next two games will tell the tale.

Livelier because of Defoe? Hahahahahaha. It's Sunderland. He should've had a hat trick too.
And if we'd played the spaniard he would have done nothing and we'd say it was because we didnt create anything for him.

My original point still stands.

We need penalties to win when slow dud doh plays.

2nd half we were class. Walker at his best, Dawson putting in a great shift with 2 defenders he's not used to playing with either side of him.

Thought Defoe was quality as well, bar his finishing. Looked well up for it the last 2 games. Not surprised to see he's been getting slated by some one here though.

Its remarkable, swap the name on his shirt and the hipsters would be hailing those performances.

Absolute dicks.

Remind me of the top sides soldado has put to the sword...

Even avb can see the bloke can't cut it
Defoe has been putting ANY sides to the sword? 0% conversion rate this season? How many has he scored this calendar year? 2 or 3?

Such a shit troll :avbfacepalm:

And if we'd played the spaniard he would have done nothing and we'd say it was because we didnt create anything for him.

My original point still stands.

We need penalties to win when slow dud doh plays.

Jesus, really? Is this what we've resorted to?

Changing a players name to something "funny" is immature, doing it to one of our own is just plain retarded. Defoe is good player, Soldado is good player. Whoever plays, I support them and want them to score goals. Call me crazy but I support spurs

Last edited:
Changing a players name to something "funny" is immature, doing it to one of our own is just plain retarded. Defoe is good player, Soldado is good player. Whoever plays, I support them and want them score goals. Call me crazy but I support spurs

Nothing truer ever said.

Walker was motm

And when DTD came on he ripped it up. He needs to start. Chadli is poor. Our new Jenas maybe.

Lennon and DTD on the flanks. Playing on the right sides too. They can cross over occasionally to appease Boas but this is the future now. Middle still a bit of a problem. Dembele had a good game and is strong but he isn't doing it for me. Maybe he should swap positions with Pauline. He also had a good game but hos misses are starting to become embarrassing for everyone.

I wish Soldado had played.

Great result but it doesn't really mean a lot apart from the points. Its quite possible that Sunderland really are very, very shit. With 2 of the biggest cunts in football being their last and present manager its not such an impossible fact.

We did play well though, chances missed aside and only 3 points of 2nd.

I hope Everton rip the Arse apart tomorrow.

Oh and wasn't Dawson shit.......

Walker was motm

And when DTD came on he ripped it up. He needs to start. Chadli is poor. Our new Jenas maybe.

Lennon and DTD on the flanks. Playing on the right sides too. They can cross over occasionally to appease Boas but this is the future now. Middle still a bit of a problem. Dembele had a good game and is strong but he isn't doing it for me. Maybe he should swap positions with Pauline. He also had a good game but hos misses are starting to become embarrassing for everyone.

I wish Soldado had played.

Great result but it doesn't really mean a lot apart from the points. Its quite possible that Sunderland really are very, very shit. With 2 of the biggest cunts in football being their last and present manager its not such an impossible fact.

We did play well though, chances missed aside and only 3 points of 2nd.

I hope Everton rip the Arse apart tomorrow.

Oh and wasn't Dawson shit.......

Aside from his haphazard, last ditch defending, Dawson's constant desire to play 60 yard cross field balls is really starting to irk me. It is just a stupid and careless waste of possession. Just keep it simple and keep the ball, leave the creativity to players like Holtby.

Aside from his haphazard, last ditch defending, Dawson's constant desire to play 60 yard cross field balls is really starting to irk me. It is just a stupid and careless waste of possession. Just keep it simple and keep the ball, leave the creativity to players like Holtby.

He was great today.

We would have had a clean sheet had it not been for a goalkeeping error.

Superb captains performance.

He was great today.

We would have had a clean sheet had it not been for a goalkeeping error.

Superb captains performance.

He was okay, not great by any stretch, thought Capoue was the better of the two centre backs. Fletcher and Altidore wouldn't trouble my Sunday league team.

I admire Daws but his time has been and gone and depending on whether or not Kaboul ever gets back to full fitness Dawson is at best our third choice centre back now.

He was okay, not great by any stretch, thought Capoue was the better of the two centre backs. Fletcher and Altidore wouldn't trouble my Sunday league team.

I admire Daws but his time has been and gone and depending on whether or not Kaboul ever gets back to full fitness Dawson is at best our third choice centre back now.

Maybe. But you need an English spine in the team. Someone that leads by example.

My money is on Dawson not a crippled Danny La Rue look a like.

Maybe. But you need an English spine in the team. Someone that leads by example.

My money is on Dawson not a crippled Danny La Rue look a like.

I agree with that to an extent but do you really sacrifice defensive reliability for having someone English and game hardened?

Well I personally think he is reliable. So I dont think its a sacrifice at all.

I have used this analogy a lot recently as it gets my point across fairly succinctly. My issue and the difference between Daws and someone like Vertonghen is that Dawson throws a bucket of water on the fire just before it really takes hold, whereas Vertonghen spots that a fire might start before it does and subsequently puts it out.

It's only just started to piss you off?

I have used this analogy a lot recently as it gets my point across fairly succinctly. My issue and the difference between Daws and someone like Vertonghen is that Dawson throws a bucket of water on the fire just before it really takes hold, whereas Vertonghen spots that a fire might start before it does and subsequently puts it out.

Vertonghan isn't much quicker over 5 metres than Daws is. If at all. Mentally Dawson is quicker too imo. He has played in the prem a lot longer and knows the league as well as anyone.

Jan looks silkier and more composed but there isnt much in it. And lets be honest he has been um pooper the last 2 or 3 games.

Jan can achieve anything, he has the attributes but so does Dawson.

Vertonghan isn't much quicker over 5 metres than Daws is. If at all. Mentally Dawson is quicker too imo. He has played in the prem a lot longer and knows the league as well as anyone.

Jan looks silkier and more composed but there isnt much in it. And lets be honest he has been um pooper the last 2 or 3 games.

Jan can achieve anything, he has the attributes but so does Dawson.

I never mentioned pace, so for that is largely irrelevant. Daws' defending is often last ditch and Jan's very rarely is, which would suggest that Jan is far quicker of mind that Dawson is.

Jan hasn't been great recently simply because he is disenchanted with having to play left back.

Back
Top Bottom