Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We seem to be using the wings more effectively, the amount of times Rose, Chadli etc got into crossing positions was very promising imo.

If you're watching this match you cannot be content with our creativity in midfield. You absolutely cannot. It is no longer a matter of opinion. And this is despite Paulinho having a fantastic game.

I agree. I think we have quality enough to probably go on and win and we have played well and each player on the pitch is adding to chance creation. But that's not the point. With the right creative midfielder whose main purpose is to create chances, we'll be winning these sorts of games by several goals. The problem though is who? We need a top creative midfielder and there aren't many available to us.

If you're watching this match you cannot be content with our creativity in midfield. You absolutely cannot. It is no longer a matter of opinion. And this is despite Paulinho having a fantastic game.

seem to be creating a lot of chances though. Doesn't mean I'm content, but you make it sound like we are creating nothing.

I agree. I think we have quality enough to probably go on and win and we have played well. But that's not the point. With the right creative midfielder we'll be winning these sorts of games by several goals. The problem though is who? We need a top creative midfielder and there aren't many available to us.

Finishing has been the far bigger issue so far.

We've completely nullified Swansea, apart from some good little one two's they've had nothing against us. Just need to get Chadli and Townsend on the ball more in the final third, thats our most dangerous outlet whilst Rose and Walker provide width, Soldado will score:soldadowatch:

If Townsendinho makes more mazy runs, our midfield beast try to find Bobby 50% of the time instead of the 100% long shots like the first half and Chadli and Rose keep the crosses coming, we should find the net.

It's coming.

COYS!!!

It's shocking that Dembele is the worst Midfielder playing for us currently. Capoue and Paulinho are the two best players on the pitch. Rose/Walker are looking very good attacking. Chaldi/Townsend looking good, i'd like to see a bit more cutting in to look for a shot. Dawson is playing extremely well also.

By the end of the half I was content. We need to get our tempo up, when we do we create chances and teams simply cannot handle it.

Problem for me is it seems to take 25-30 minutes to get ourselves up to speed.

Also we need to just get more games into this group, get them on the same wavelength. Seems ridiculous to me to be making cast iron judgements 1.5 games into the season.

Confirming yet again.

Dembele is no CAM

Soldado getting Zero service.

Besides that , team looks very good with a solid perfomance. Paulinho should have at least one

Back
Top Bottom