Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

only watched the second half but, apart from the penalty and the one paulinho effort at the end i don't recall seeing us create a single goal scoring opportunity. not a moan but were it not for the pen I think people would be a lot more worried on here that they are now. either need holtby match fit asap or another creative player signed before next weekend.
I was also thinking today that soldado and ade might make a decent strike partnership but i can't see the two of them starting together any time soon, if ever.

I'm a bit worried tbh. It's nice to score some penalties for a change, but we won't be getting them every game...

... or will we...
Don't think we'll need them.

We really mauled Swansea today. Could have -- should have -- been closer to 4-0, but Vorm played a blinder. Think the goals will start flowing if we can play with that intensity on a regular basis.

only watched the second half but, apart from the penalty and the one paulinho effort at the end i don't recall seeing us create a single goal scoring opportunity. not a moan but were it not for the pen I think people would be a lot more worried on here that they are now. either need holtby match fit asap or another creative player signed before next weekend.
I was also thinking today that soldado and ade might make a decent strike partnership but i can't see the two of them starting together any time soon, if ever.
Was a lot more in the first half.

either need holtby match fit asap or another creative player signed before next weekend.

Heres the question - is it more important to sign more new players, or let the team we have bed in more?

Im certainly not saying no to Lamela or someone coming in, but seeing the total domination this side is capable of I do believe so time to actually click together could be the making of this side.

No Lennon today. No Adebayor. No Holtby. Very little Defoe/Sigurdsson...

I think we'll create more chances against Woolwich next week simply because of the type of game it is, but after that we are lacking a decent creative midfielder, so I hope we go on and sign one.
Defensively, including the midfield we've never looked so good IMO.

i don't believe you....

p.s. does anyone have a link to a site where you can download the full match of extended highlights. usually got to footytube but quite often you just get the goals and nothing else on there

Ive not looked for a while but in the past 101greatgoals.com has done a brilliant job of putting together links for any highlights etc that are out there

Time to get fucked up on some crazy Russian drinks in St Petersburg to celebrate the double win!

1185932_10151817407161405_773308117_n.jpg

Paulinho and Capoue were fantastic today:crouch:
Also the main thing worrying me is the total lack of urgency after the goal, just seemed happy to sit back and let Swansea have it after drowning them in pressure for the first hour. Would probably take it out of you though, would of rather seen Sandro come on for Dembele, Siggurdson is definitely not a cm. Think Dembele seems to be getting a lot of criticism also, think the constant pressure he applies is overlooked sometimes, if he could add the Paulinho style runs into the box to his game he'd be a world beater:dembele:
Good game though overall :sandroscream:

Back
Top Bottom