Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you. Someone actually understands..

Maybe if you said it in a way that didn't come off like your being a twat about it, we would have listened. We all know we're missing that, but it wasn't like created the square root of fuck all, we still had chances, more chances and damn good chances.

Think of it in a more positive way. We still created enough chances to win a game on any given day. They didn't go in today but we did enough anyway. Now imagine what we will do once we have a player who's business is creating. Just imagine, even though we are playing well now, how much better we will have the potential to play.
Now hold that thought, and join the rest of us in circle jerking to a wonderful, messy climax.

That is the reason we are all a lot more happier.

I'm with the optimists on the thread. This is a new attacking line-up bedding in. There are still quality players to come back in and, if the willian near signing is to be believed, a world class creative player to add. Our possession and bossing of the game is exactly what I wanted to see. It's even better than last year. And let's not forget Swansea are a really good side and the League Cup holders. Boys done good.

I think Walker plays better with Lennon. Didnt pair well with Townsend nearly as well as Naughton did on thursday. Is that a fair point or am I going to get bottled for that one too?

Well yeah he's hardly played with Walker compared to Lennon, granted you can say the same about Naughton but Swansea > Dinamo Tbilisi.

Maybe if you said it in a way that didn't come off like your being a twat about it, we would have listened. We all know we're missing that, but it wasn't like created the square root of fuck all, we still had chances, more chances and damn good chances.

Think of it in a more positive way. We still created enough chances to win a game on any given day. They didn't go in today but we did enough anyway. Now imagine what we will do once we have a player who's business is creating. Just imagine, even though we are playing well now, how much better we will have the potential to play.
Now hold that thought, and join the rest of us in circle jerking to a wonderful, messy climax.

That is the reason we are all a lot more happier.
Am I allowed to imagine this player as Bale?

Just because we aren't creative from the middle doesn't mean we weren't creative. I thought we had plenty of creativity from the wings.

In fact, according to whoscored we had 16 key passes today which was the same as the scum yesterday and one more than City today even though they had 70% possession.

The problem was finishing. Paulinho should have had 2 and Dembele 1. In addition, Vorm played a blinder.

I think Walker plays better with Lennon. Didnt pair well with Townsend nearly as well as Naughton did on thursday. Is that a fair point or am I going to get bottled for that one too?
Very good point, think there is some truth in that...Townsend left foot and Walker right foot plus Townsend is more direct whereas Lennon looks to work a through ball with walker. Don't think I'll be the one doing the bottling mate

While I appreciate your kind words, I'll admit I haven't been the best about it lately. I'm relieved to see the club is quite clearly actively pursuing my wishes, but I haven't been patient in letting them get the ones they want. If I were in charge, I'd have had Eriksen in the squad after the Asia Cup, especially in lieu of Holtby's injury. This upcoming NLD could really set the tone for a good deal of our season, and I feel we really needed a CAM settled in by that one. At this point, it looks like we will in fact be playing three defensive/box to box midfielders as Luton has said. Three defensive midfielders with little cover behind them. We've gotten so used to having such a large stable of center mids in the squad at any given game we don't really think about it, but that stable is gone. All we have now is those top quality players, and at the moment they're all being played.

Personally, if we flew Eriksen in as late as Thursday, I'd play him next Sunday. I wish I was in charge so bad and not looking at this pile of anatomy notes.

I think we need to be patient though as annoying as it can be that the squad isn't finalised yet. If we look at the lot down the road or even the current champions that could have been us with our transfers, scrambling to get anyone in! I'd say only us and City are in a position I'm sure many other club fans would want to be in terms of transfer business already done.

Well yeah he's hardly played with Walker compared to Lennon, granted you can say the same about Naughton but Swansea > Dinamo Tbilisi.
So why dont we play a combination of players instead of individuals? And Tbilisi were quite shit. But Walker and Townsend really didnt have a clue what each other were doing.

There's differing opinion and then there's the bizarre
Actually, its a good discussion. If people stop pissing their knickers every time a debate heats up, it will be alot better for everyone....this isnt a knitting club.

Oooooh swearing at football!!!

:vdvdive:

They'd never let that sort of shit happen at Anfield

So why dont we play a combination of players instead of individuals? And Tbilisi were quite shit. But Walker and Townsend really didnt have a clue what each other were doing.

How else are they going to get an understanding of playing with each other, with out playing with each other.

Is that amanda seyfried on the left?

Certainly is

tumblr_m4jnoucXGF1ruj35mo1_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom