Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want to hear any diplomatic excuses from AVB.

The players need a proper bashing for this shit.

This is the managers fault. Anyone that sets out everyweek with the intention of not losing rather than going out and winning isnt a Tottenham manager i'm afraid.

Internet tough guys aside, this was a pretty shocking showing. No invention and no energy.

Think that Soldado would've made things different - especially given the crossing game we decided to play - but really that the middle of the park was so anaemic we couldn't get anything through them.

Hard to pick out one person of the 4 in midfield as the most culpable - Townsend tried things but Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Paulinho and Dembélé were all pretty poor.

I thought Paulinho was our only good player today tbh

we might of got a drubbing score wise but we had 61% possession overall and Paulinho was everywhere today

Eriksen was rather shocking though and Dembele just doesn't link up well with anyone

Walker being ill showed to as he didn't attempt to go on any of his surging powerful runs that help open up space for attacking players

its ok sonny - you don't need to try to be funny for me
your "insights" and "football analysis" are funny enough
really, just don't..................bother

You are the football genius here known for his insights and analysis..........Keep the nuggets coming oh wise one

Silly to start Defoe but all of you wouldn't have questioned it if he slammed a winner in. Probably be Defoe's and Townsend's and Dembele's last league game for a while, look to bed in Lamela and Sandro more after international break. Shit day but spurs have had a lot of them in their history, it's how we react in our next game that the side and manager should be judge

Don't agree - I judge the manager by THIS game - he's had enough time. He can't do it - ie he's rubbish. get rid

Can't help but think that soldado would have got a foot to the cross where Townsend flashed it across the box.

Oh well upwards and onwards.
It can only get better, remember we've never had it so good
COYS

Internet tough guys aside, this was a pretty shocking showing. No invention and no energy.

Think that Soldado would've made things different - especially given the crossing game we decided to play - but really that the middle of the park was so anaemic we couldn't get anything through them.

Ironic that we've been playing through the middle in every game he HAS been playing (with only 2 pens to show for it) and the FIRST game he's dropped, we're pinging in crosses for Wee Man Defoe like nobody's business...
did no one tell Townsend & Siggy that Soldado was sitting this one out?

Seriously fear for our players mental capacity when something so obvious is not drawn attention to!

stoopid pricks!

I only hope we learn from this. We need to look why we aren't scoring against certain teams and learn to defend against set pieces and simple strikes. Why we can't change the team at half time if were not getting results is still quite beyond me. Again, I only hope we learn from this!

People moaning about our tactics -

West ham played 6 in midfield, had everyone behind the ball and no striker on the pitch - anyone would have struggled today. Of course its up to us to break them down but fat Sam had a gameplan and today it worked - on another Day Defoe would have lifted the ball, scored at at that point, West ham would never have got back in the game - a risk that paid off for them.

We had a few players under par today - you just cant really get away with that at this level - I do wonder if some of them came into this game believing the hype a bit themselves...

I thought Paulinho was our only good player today tbh

we might of got a drubbing score wise but we had 61% possession overall and Paulinho was everywhere today

Eriksen was rather shocking though and Dembele just doesn't link up well with anyone

Walker being ill showed to as he didn't attempt to go on any of his surging powerful runs that help open up space for attacking players
Weird, I thought paulinho was pretty poor. Multiple times his poor first touch was our undoing in the final third.

nd just to round today off... had the score been reversed, we'd be top!

swings an' raaaaaand-abaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahts innit?

Back
Top Bottom