Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB needs to work on the mentality issues, because from the distance of my TV, it looked like we just expected to walk this, and looked stunned and (drunk) incapable of working out why it was all going wrong, but worst of all one step behind a fairly average team who just seemed to want to work that little bit harder.
Thing is, why does EVERY team we come up against seem to want to work that little bit harder?
do we not understand the concept of "hard verk and mental strengssssss" A.Wenger(c)

AVB got this game all wrong.

WTF... crossing when there's a diminutive striker playing?!
FFS ... you don't cross in such situations ... you pass it nice low to the byline.
Where in the world was the crossing when Soldado played?

I mean, almost every single one of us knew that we needed width and to spread the ball.... yet,
AVB waits freakin 65 minutes to make that change.

Oh ... and Eriksen is good but he freakin needs time too.
In the mean time, we already have a wonderful and capable player who can fit that role AND is really gelled in: Holtby!

Plus it feels like that season after season, we always tend to lose right before the international break.

Oh well, we have this boring ass break now ... so things better be fixed up. Plus Soldado isnt called up, so he better start scoring too because he's gonna have a nice long time to get up to speed.

All in all ... shit performance and now we are 6th.
Sometimes you get it right but sometimes you get it wrong ...

:avbshock:

I remember after going out of the europa league last year I let loose at the likes of Adebayor amongst others and was neg repped and told 'supporting spurs is not about winning' suddenly all those pathetic cunts seem to have vanished and now we've got knee jerky wankers in their place :avbcringe:

Last thing we need is kneejerking. Awful team performance but should now give them some incentive to show a bit more passion. Sandro back in please

West ham dared us to go up the wing and cross the ball into the box

Siggy on the left for that ? Pointless

Defoe in the middle ? Good luck

West Ham got their tactics perfect today. A bit surprised AVB didn't see that and adjust quickly. Really, his lack of a timely adjustment is a bit of a negative for AVB. Still love the man, but an opportunity to address nonetheless

tbh not putting away Chelsea in the first half last week really fucked us up. If we had of won that, our confidence may have been enough to get us over the line or a loss may not have been as detrimental as we would have had the points on the board

We've been riding our luck, a few narrow victories have hidden that - but overall we are a struggling side who can't score against anyone any good - tactics are abysmal - hence the AVB out rant - the guy needs to get a grip - don't drop your 26 million pound striker cos Defoe (can't score when it matters) has a bit of form against b-sides

6 goals in 7 games..I'm starting to get worried
Problem is that with the tightly packed midfield that AVB likes to play you can't have strikers like either Defoe or Soldado because both need service from the wings as much as from a compact midfield. But they aren't getting it at all. I think it would be better for Soldado at least if Adebayor was playing just behind him, especially when you consider the way Adebayor tends to drop back into the park. With Ade supposedly being eager to come back and prove himself maybe this is the perfect time to try two strikers out.

What do you think of a 4-1-4-1 formation? With Sandro as the lone holding player, and some combination of Paulinho, Eriksen, Holtby, Lamela, Dembele, Siggy, Townsend, Lennon, Chadli as the 4, and Soldado on top.

Why is Sandro not starting games? :wall:

Because no one seems to remember how awesome his partnership with Dembele was last year before he got injured. Honestly those two were pretty much untouchable in the Premiership up to December. I just cant work it out. Surely Dembele/Paulinho, Sandro/Capoue and Eriksen/Holtby are the 6 playing for 3 roles and its obvious which ones should be playing?? Or am I being stupid?

6 goals in 7 games..I'm starting to get worried

We jam packed our midfield with tanks; Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue when we needed someone who could provide a little more creativity and a wiser choice would have been Mkhitaryan instead of (one of) Capoue/Paulinho and i'm glad to see Defoe get a start because honestly speaking Soldado has been quite disappointing both in terms of what he's offered so far and his overall effort.

Back
Top Bottom