Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So let's see what AVB says:

"We have conceded three goals today but before we were the team who conceded the least chances,"BBC Sport quotes the Portuguese coach as saying. "This time West Ham managed to surprise us and we have to bounce back. This would be a good goal for us.

"It is [a wake-up call]. This fixture was a bit dangerous. If we won everything it would be spectacular but if you draw or lose you drop into a position you don't want to be. Either way we have done well so far."

A wake-up call indeed.
We better get back to our winning way against Villa ... or else. :bentley:

I always thot that top 4 was gonna be between us nd liverpool. I was confident we were gonna easily beat them to it until they changed their formation to eliminate their midfeild weaknesses nd have the two best strikers together on the same team. I personally dnt know who we can beat for a top 4 spot with our currents strikers. We need more strikers in jan, until then I hope we won't lose too much ground, especially in the goal difference department which could be very important this season.

Bad day ! AVB got it wrong today. We looked so lethargic. Did we bring our own chef to Russia?
Apparently Dawson felt poorly before the game, poor lad! and Walker looked off? What was going on?

Bad day ! AVB got it wrong today. We looked so lethargic. Did we bring our own chef to Russia?
Apparently Dawson felt poorly before the game, poor lad! and Walker looked off? What was going on?

Apparently Walker was injured in the warm up but played anyway.

Agree we looked very lethargic.

Defoe for Soldado was a mistake, he offers no outball when we are looking to mix it up so all West Ham had to do was make sure we couldn't pass out from the back easily and we were fucked for ideas.

If defoe scored that 1 on 1 with the keeper everyone would be wanking themselves off into a coma saying what a masterstroke it was to put him in. West Ham wanted it more, they closed us down and won 50/50s all over the park. End of, really. And our pedestrian keep ball game doesnt work when trailing a game

Is there any other credible option whilst Rose (meaning Naughton at lb) and Kaboul are out?

Naughton at RB for Europa

I'm fine w/ Fryers getting the LB start in both fixtures. Run him into the ground makes a hell of alot more sense then running Walker into the ground since Fryers over-use is only temporary

Not sure what the fuck it is with me and West Ham! (See last season for those who don't know/remember).

Sat on the divide, literally the last seat. Interesting. Just spent 90 minutes laughing at the cunts. Animals they are.

Man directly behind me was hit with a coin resulting in a bleeding ear. Policeman took the coin as evidence (nothing will be done). I made a hilarious joke about how the coin (10p) was their weeks wages (West Ham's not the policeman's). Man two rows in front of me was full on spat on (showed the o.b. the big lump of spit on the back of his head). Saw where it came from. Policeman said it would be looked into after the game!!!

Called us racists god knows how many times. I picked out at least four people making big nose gestures whilst chanting it :harrylol:.

Yid is now banned because it is 'inciting racial hatred' ? But them singing 'he's coming for you, we can't say his name, he's coming for you' isn't!?

Man in a Rangers cap :harrylol: was full on abusing a policeman for not arresting us all for saying 'Yiddo'. Hilarious.

Picture below (from miles away) me and my brother circled -
hZ7RVsi.jpg

Last edited:
Defoe for Soldado was a mistake, he offers no outball when we are looking to mix it up so all West Ham had to do was make sure we couldn't pass out from the back easily and we were fucked for ideas.

Was sayn just last week how impressed I was with Soldados ability to recieve the ball under pressure, hold on to it and lay it off to one of our players. The bloke rarely losses possession in the build up and was linking up well with Pauli, Eriksen and Siggy. Football is a team game and involves far more than shift and shoot one dimensional shite.

When we bought Defoe the first time I was ecstatic, I thought we'd bought a younger striker with a huge upturn of potential who could go on to be one of Englands best ever. After watching most of his career well he just hasn't come close to his early potential and the fact that the bloke likes playing little mind games with the media pisses me off no end.

Well, the reality is that the team and the fans put their trust in YOU.
So please don't fuck it up for us next time. We (the team playing and the fans singing) will be able to do our best, as long as you can too.

Back
Top Bottom