Tottenham Hotspur v. West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still buzzing. We looked toothless for a large part of the game, for a while I felt like I was going to watch yet another won-possession-but-lost-anyway game and I did wonder where the goals we needed to bring back a result were going to come from, but then I fucking found out didn't I? HAHAHA you fucking pikeys, it's happened again!

More generally, I don't know if it's possible to persistently rend plaudits to a team that plays so badly but doesn't lose - I want to see vs ManC performances week in week out - but I'm sure as hell gonna try.

Anyone know exactly what they are singing about when they sing "Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again". We sing it coz we beat them in the last 5 minutes or so...... I'll have to ask some West Ham mates today ha ha

Anyone know exactly what they are singing about when they sing "Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again". We sing it coz we beat them in the last 5 minutes or so...... I'll have to ask some West Ham mates today ha ha

they just knew it was going to happen TO THEM again...

88 minutes...... 3 points what a result to lift us away from the bottom 3
89 minutes...... 1 point ain't to bad
90+1..... oh no it's happened again!!!!!!

:levywhoa::llorishowudoin::pochohshit::pochlol::vert::sonlol::wanyama:

Just watched the game. Glorious.

Firstly, like many, was a bit perplexed with the formation before the game, watching us in the first half even more so. Walker and Rose being pegged back didn't help. But surely he knew the pikeys would play three at the back?
I hate to say it, but we played exactly how Woolwich did two weeks ago, except we didn't even manage to stretch the back three let alone have runners exploiting the space in the middle. Very strange from Poch. I'm sure he had his reasons, but something wasn't right in the execution. We need to look at options though because we go to Chelsea next week and they are very efficient with a similar formation.

Secondly, as stingy as we have been at the back, we fucking suck at defending from set pieces (still). You see those stats about how difficult it is actually to convert a corner. But they must have forgotten to include us in those figures because teams must be rubbing their hands together every time they put the ball down. Probably not as bad as it seems in reality, but if we could just cut those mistakes out we would be impenetrable

Lastly, if the Alli sub came 5 mins earlier, Jansen wouldn't have been on the pitch to give away the Pen. Small margins. Still, the more i see of him the more i see a player who has only got a single season at a "professional" level under his belt. He isn't experienced / disciplined enough yet to make the correct decisions instinctively.

I didn't see the game, but I just wanted to point out that it was Ericssen's brilliant no look pass to Son which got us the win. Granted he has been very poor lately, but those little flashes of intelligence are why he stays on the pitch for the full 90.

... And the simple fact that yet again he tops charts for yards covered and number of sprints or whatever.

I do agree that he is on very poor form, club and country, and that his work on the ball is totally below par.

Needs a rest. And a slap.

Still completely gassed off yesterday. Utterly jubilant.

And yet some can't enjoy this.

Get out the house, go see a spammer, and gloat. Yesterday was special.

harry-winks.gif

Cheers, but is there somewhere that lists local fan groups so if I'm in say Madrid sometime I can find a local spurs fan club watching the game there?

Not sure, but every time I've gone somewhere new I googled and found it. You could ask here, we have an international audience here!

Back
Top Bottom