Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s changed ?

Thought you’re not the sort of fan to give up early

What I expect and what I believe is possible are often different things when it comes to football.

I expected us to leave Old Trafford empty handed today but it was only once the full time whistle went I stopped believing we could get something from the game.

As it stands I would expect us to limp in somewhere between 5th and 8th when the curtains come down on the season. That doesn't mean I won't believe or support a hope to achieve something more.

There are times when Spurs have lost to teams they outclassed and I have been frustrated or discouraged, but I didn't come away with that feeling after this game. I think Spurs are going to finish he season strong. Are they inconsistent? Sure. But if you watch objectively there are some good players here and there have been any number of games where they showed character and kept going from behind in the score. They tied the game up twice today on the road, and if not for Ronaldo finding a next gear no other player in the world has they would have won. Not happy with the loss, but not unhappy with the players today.

Back
Top Bottom