Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be interesting to see how Wolves fair energy wise compared to us. We played Saturday at 12.30pm whereas they played Sunday and again tonight.

If they outrun us and look more up for it then there's something very wrong.
Could be fitness, motivation or attitude.

Attack Wolves, we're miles better than them, do that sit back and invite pressure and we look suspect.

Only one man can sort that.
BYjS684.jpg

There is so much to comment on but i'm gonna stick to one. JT needs a break from the first team squad. He came in, he did well but his performances are getting progressively worse. Drop him down for a break, recuperate reflect and build on his game. There is a really decent right back in there that we are in danger of crushing by playing him all over the place in a really poor side.Its verging on negligence to keep playing him in the manner we are.

Nice that Mourinho has actually got a whole week to work with the players.

Surely Skipp has got to be worth a run out in a CM3 at some point, he clearly doesn’t trust Dier, Wanyama is persona non grata, Winks isn’t a 6. Gedson is a footballer mostly in spirit.

Surely Skipp deserves a crack at a position that nobody else has been able to hold down so far.

I’d like to see:

Lloris

Aurier——Sanchez——-Tanganga—Davies

Ndombele—-Skipp——-Lo Celso

Lamela———Alli——-Bergwijn​

you show poor judgement

his analysis is very good in my opinion - condemning him because he failed as a manager - of a team who communicate in a language he has no skills for, hardly constitutes proof positive that he is incapable of looking at a footballing situation - a career he is incredibly knowledgeable in, and giving an informed opinion of.

The only donkey as I see it, is you.
I am trusting the manager that has won it all. You are trusting some opinionated sky sports presenter who failed in the 1 job he had as manager. Yet I am the one with the poor judgment . Fucking dimwit.

I'm going to take it back to December 2018.

There I was sitting at a really empty Wembley stadium on a cold and wet day. We were winning 1-0 with a serious strike by kane in this fixture last season. I was thinking we've got this in the bag, we were in great form at the time. This was easy!

Then an almighty collapse in the 2nd half, because we were outnumbered in midfield after Nuno made a substitution to bring on Mountinho. Ended Spurs 1, Wolves 3.

That was the start of the demise of the Poch era. And left us in the current predicament we find ourselves in now.

Can we use this fixture, this season to turn it around so that next season I can look back to today and think we've made some progress.

I live in hope.....

Wolves were there for the taking. Any half decent attacking play would have worked.... If we could just clear the ball and just take the foul/hello we would have got the points. Need a bit of athletico about us and just bring down players when under pressure
Funny thing is, when we went 2-1 up just before half-time today, I couldn't help but think about the FA Cup Semi Final, against MOURINHO'S Utd...

As SOON as they went 2-1 up against US, the shithousery began... the timewasting, the cynical/tactical fouls, The subbing the FURTHEST player from the touchline to slope off at a snails pace.. I wasn't ashamed to accuse Jose of KILLING football that day... but it fucking worked, they went to the Final, and we went home!

If we're gonna have him in charge, at LEAST let us benefit from some of the shithouse tactics!

HOW come we've not become "Mourinho's Tottenham"...?
Instead we've converted HIM into some kind of 'Spursy José"!!!

only Spurs could do that!!

Its telling that jose has been here 3 months and not one song has been sung in support of him.
You obviously don’t follow us much , as you would know all about the “Jose is a yid” chant , anyway your agenda against him is unreal, and can’t be healthy , your favourite manager in the whole entire world mr Klopp finished 8th in his first season, and that was with a full pre season in charge , I will say it again when Jose was appointed we were 14th, this season is a complete write off thanks to poch leaving us in dilapidated state, maybe try and get behind the team and manager and judge him after next season instead of writing him off already, as lets face it if Jose can’t win us some trophies no one will

Especially when you consider how important the game is for both clubs.

Team talk:

"You wanna continue mixing it with the big boys next year?"

"Forget your clothing lines and your flash cars..... Every match is a cup final now.... Leave it all on the pitch."

Back
Top Bottom