Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The main problem is that it always takes time for any new manager that comes here to properly twig that certain players are average/crap.

Happened when poch came and is happening now.

However shit we are now, I will not properly judge Jose until he's had a proper window and pre-season.

I just don't see how that can be done.

Good post. The guy cant just rock up and say the squads crap. He has to allow them to make mistakes. And now he has. I expect wholesale changes in summer or levy can fuck off

There is so much to comment on but i'm gonna stick to one. JT needs a break from the first team squad. He came in, he did well but his performances are getting progressively worse. Drop him down for a break, recuperate reflect and build on his game. There is a really decent right back in there that we are in danger of crushing by playing him all over the place in a really poor side.Its verging on negligence to keep playing him in the manner we are.

The main problem is that it always takes time for any new manager that comes here to properly twig that certain players are average/crap.

Happened when poch came and is happening now.

However shit we are now, I will not properly judge Jose until he's had a proper window and pre-season.

I just don't see how that can be done.
So it's gonna take him a window of big spending and a pre-season, after this shit show of a season, to make a functional team. That is, a functional Mourinho style team, in 2020/21. That's like celebrating finally getting dial-up internet now.

We are going nowhere right now. There is no plan or vision.

The Wolves winning goal was made by a man that ran 60 yards evading at least 3 challenges and slipped his mate in who had all the time in the world to pick his spot.We have not had a leader on the pitch for the last 5 years thank you Poch
Watching the highlights, he runs at Dav, Dav shows him insde to where Dier is. If Dier faces him he wins the ball. Dier turns and runs with his back to the man with the ball.

Goal was shocking play by Dier. Utterly shocking

I feel bad for Tanganga. There’s a big difference between playing at full back and playing at centre back, we needed him to defend well in the crucial moments and for the first and third goals he got it hopelessly wrong.

As a team the performance was not bad, we did well to score two good goals against a tough team like Wolves who never tried to come out and play. They had three chances and we weren’t able to stop them scoring from each one.

Kane is going to want to leave this shitshow and the people championing ENIC will get their ultimate wish, nice profits, shit midtable football in a comfy stadium with NFL extras and a few concerts.

Keep on stanning for these greedy corporate arseholes over the club if it makes you feel happy, I have seen enough, they need to fuck off and let someone else try to actually make us competitive, WE'RE A FUCKING FOOTBALL CLUB FIRST AND FOREMOST, THAT'S WHAT OUR SUPPORTERS PAY THE HIGHEST TICKET PRICES FOR!

you're literally digging out Enic for a hypothetical future scenario........ give it a rest mate. They did buy Bergwijn, he scored today. they bought Lo Celso, Ndombele. etc.

Fuck me was Stevie B a ghost in the second half or what!?!?!

.....Comms literally didn't mention his name once.

What an absolute hotch-potch of a game... Pro-active and decent in attack (on occasions) for a change; seemed to be up for it and got some sturdy challenges in at times (for a change); yet at other times really soft-centered. A generally patchy and bi-polar performance.

Thought Wolves were pretty shit and there for the taking too.

:(

Last edited:
The Wolves winning goal was made by a man that ran 60 yards evading at least 3 challenges and slipped his mate in who had all the time in the world to pick his spot.We have not had a leader on the pitch for the last 5 years thank you Poch
Lmao imagine being this clueless that you blame a goal on lack of leaders. This fucking forum man..

They didn’t have a decent game.
Dele was his usual shit, Aurier scores a brilliant goal but cost a goal and picked the ball up to take a throw in on the pitch, and Winks contributed, yet again, to our central midfield being a walk over
Okay, Aurier gave them possession once in 90 minutes game. It uncomparable to Dier and Tanganga combined flop when they scored first. He didn't even do his usual brain flops and contributed offensively. Look how did it change when Gedson came, we completely lost our left flank. We looked composed in front, didn't lose possession in midfield with flops. We can't blame midfield for everything, if you want them to deal with every attacking threat just play 0-10-1, is that a way to go?

Levy's wasted millions of pounds getting himself a manager only he needed, when he could have spent the money on a striker. I'm convinced we're no better off with Mourinho than we would have been with Poch - we're just poorer financially.

Back
Top Bottom