Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs to bring in his own players to fit his vision like every other manager, typically, does.
You don't understand. His vision is shit. It is not the future. The ONLY reason to bring in Mourinho was for him to somehow rescue this season in whatever way he could. But it's not happening, this season is beyond rescue. And now we are stuck with him and have to keep wasting time and money with this experiment which was always likely to fail.
If we were always going to write off the season and start fresh with a whole new team in the summer, then we should have kept Pochettino or brought in another young manager with modern ideas. Not this shit.

Okay, Aurier gave them possession once in 90 minutes game. It uncomparable to Dier and Tanganga combined flop when they scored first. He didn't even do his usual brain flops and contributed offensively. Look how did it change when Gedson came, we completely lost our left flank. We looked composed in front, didn't lose possession in midfield with flops. We can't blame midfield for everything, if you want them to deal with every attacking threat just play 0-10-1, is that a way to go?
It was the midfields fault that Wolves were allowed to run 40 yards without being tackled and by that time they are travelling at speed at our defence which makes it nearly impossible to stop without giving away a penalty. Todays problem started at our midfield and ended up as a goal 3 times

Levy's wasted millions of pounds getting himself a manager only he needed, when he could have spent the money on a striker. I'm convinced we're no better off with Mourinho than we would have been with Poch - we're just poorer financially.

Whether one is a fan of Jose or not, how on earth does a back-up striker remedy everything that was ailing Poch?

i.e. Poor player integration, the failed Diamond experiment, clinging to players that should have been phased and shipped out... A year of 'relegation' form.

You don't understand. His vision is shit. It is not the future. The ONLY reason to bring in Mourinho was for him to somehow rescue this season in whatever way he could. But it's not happening, this season is beyond rescue. And now we are stuck with him and have to keep wasting time and money with this experiment which was always likely to fail.
If we were always going to write off the season and start fresh with a whole new team in the summer, then we should have kept Pochettino or brought in another young manager with modern ideas. Not this shit.
We have no idea what his vision really is because he has players that are rubbish and can't even defend, basically, and play bog-standard meat-and-potatoes football.

We have a crisis of QUALITY.

No magic wand with the squad we have.

Can't cover injuries to key players, haven't got good defenders.

It is what it is.

There is so much to comment on but i'm gonna stick to one. JT needs a break from the first team squad. He came in, he did well but his performances are getting progressively worse. Drop him down for a break, recuperate reflect and build on his game. There is a really decent right back in there that we are in danger of crushing by playing him all over the place in a really poor side.Its verging on negligence to keep playing him in the manner we are.

Perhaps but he is surrounded by shite

We have no idea what his vision really is because he has players that are rubbish and can't even defend, basically and play bog-standard meat-and-potatoes football.

We have a crisis of QUALITY.

No magic wand with the squad we have.

Can't cover injuries to key players, haven't got good defenders.

It is what it is.

real talk

yet people are still moaning about formations and team talks

see the bigger picture ffs

I'd take 70M for him right now. :D
Honestly, sometimes I’d be happy if we stepped it back and went full rebuild with the likes of Jack Clarke and Skipp etc

Build something with heart.
I’d take failure with academy lads playing their hearts out, not with overpaid cunts thinking they are actually good at what they do

See this is what I don’t get.
Is it Levy, Jose or the defence?

Headless chicken theories
See Sammy this is my argument about Jose in a nutshell.

Jose likes to play a certain way. Deep, defensive play with a big target man up front to hold the ball until the midfield come to join. Basically SAF with Mark Hughes from the early 90s.

Our chairman seems to be following the Ajax/Liverpool model. Young fast players who can interchange and move the play. Everything Jose doesn't do.

Our defence is currently hamstrung by being set mostly for a fluid movement, with two players who used to be great now too old and slow, a young CB who isn't great on the ball, yet gets masses of possession and a young rookie who despite some very good things, stll has obvious weaknesses.

I think Jose is counterproductive to what the board want and has been brought in as a figurehead rather than a genuine manager. If we give Jose the summer and the board follow their plan for players, we will be even worse next year.

At present if the board want a young flexible fast moving team, we have the wrong man in the dugout.

We keep saying "Give him the summer window" but is their any proof he will get what he wants? And then what? More square pegs in round holes?

Honestly, sometimes I’d be happy if we stepped it back and went full rebuild with the likes of Jack Clarke and Skipp etc

Build something with heart.
I’d take failure with academy lads playing their hearts out, not with overpaid cunts thinking they are actually good at what they do

That ain't it, chief.

Back
Top Bottom