Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many players do we need in the summer?

I'd say a minimum of 5 but you could easily replace more than half the squad at the moment. We are hopelessly unbalanced and lacking quality & depth in a number of areas.

I'm looking forwards to hearing the excuse.

Can't blame fatigue, or lack of preparation.

Will probably go back to lamenting the lack of Son and Kane. Not that Son and Kane will matter a jot if you let in three at home to Wolves..

unlike some on here having a tug over Wolves they really aren't all that, they are us under Jol. Middling but a bit suspect.

So what do you suggest... we sell everyone and buy Wolves, Watford, Burnley & Leicester's players?
They seem to have summit about them!

87f.jpg

I've said it before, bring back pony as kit manufacturer. Every team has a roller coaster effect on form, and this is us at the bottom of the Blackpool big dipper

I'm looking forwards to hearing the excuse.

Can't blame fatigue, or lack of preparation.

Will probably go back to lamenting the lack of Son and Kane. Not that Son and Kane will matter a jot if you let in three at home to Wolves..

unlike some on here having a tug over Wolves they really aren't all that, they are us under Jol. Middling but a bit suspect.
But they have put three past us at home two years running so can't be that bad unless we are worse.

Wolves had 34% possession, almost 1/2 of the passes compared to us, had four shots on target but scored three.

This is on the pathetic defending we saw today. With a somewhat competent back line today, we should have won. It shouldn't be on the offense to be required to score 4-5 goals every game just to get a win.

Wolves are well coached team. They don't have better players. Every player knows what to do.

On the other hand....
It’s both, sadly - at least, with our injuries. But the coaching and culture is way above anything we’ve got right now. There was what should have been the sought out successor to Poch.

What upsets me the most is we lost with JT playing as a CB when we have Toby sitting on the bench.

JT had a bad game vs Chelsea and and even worst game today vs Wolves. He’s been good when played sporadically. Week in and week out you can see he is missing that quality to be a first choice player.

watch it on Bien sports they don't show VAR, it was lovely
64% of the play near 600 passes against 200odd, yet we still lose it
Winks at fault for 2 of there goals, one not stopping dohenty getting the goal, the other not winning the challenge on the touch line

I've been trying to not speak about Mourinho much after the initial reaction to his appointment. But it is clear to me that he has no idea what he is doing. Unless he gets £200m or more to spend, he ain't going to do shit at this club. I said from the start that I didn't like the appointment and now I'm even more convinced it was a mistake hiring him. We are not a club who will buy a ready-made team of winners for the likes of Mourinho to go and collect trophies, especially in this day and age with the level of competition and the transfer market as it is. The only way we can do anything is to smartly invest in young prospects and build something from the ground up with a visionary modern manager.

We are stuck with this crap now for at least another season, and we might hit even lower lows before Levy concedes that he made a mistake and another full reset is needed.
The main problem is that it always takes time for any new manager that comes here to properly twig that certain players are average/crap.

Happened when poch came and is happening now.

However shit we are now, I will not properly judge Jose until he's had a proper window and pre-season.

I just don't see how that can be done.

Back
Top Bottom