Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That one late run from Sissoko actually pissed me off. Did you see how fast he got down field? The guy has it in him, but he only turns it on once every 90 minutes, he needs to be that intense the entire game and he could seriously do some damage. Frustrating as hell.

Last edited:
Fair play, we pulled it round. Relieved.

However this display gives Poch more questions than answers, some of our squad players are nowhere near good enough to be playing for spurs. Like villa in the last round we are having to rely on senior players coming off the bench to win us games.

Son, trippier and winks performed today, Vinny did ok when he came on, our saviours were Dembele and delle. The rest of them were absolute garbage.

How did they go from that sorry display in the first half, to bury 4 in the second? 2 of them with a man down, and the 4th coming after a tough 2-3 goal against the play.

I was loading up on the disinterested reserves only to be proven 110% wrong - and I love it. Do notice that Poch didn't show any happiness/relief when Dele equalized. He wanted the win. Nothing else.

COYS

Zizou's celebration at France '98 was more modest than ours there. FFS
ha true. If this was liverpool celebrating like this after beating wycombe at home, we would have had a field day!
How long before a Woolwich fan comes up with the original "are you going to make it in to a dvd?" joke.

We were absolute shit today with few players leaving with pride. Two jammy goals from sonny and a pen. Only a decent goal from Alli. But why the fuck can't I stop laughing at Wycombe. 3-2 and they fucked it up HAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

The Fa cup ties fall right between the EL ones, we also have the league position to maintain.
We cant win a title, which some want, or maintain a top 4 challenge playing the first team each competition.
There are just a few clubs in the PL who can field really strong sides in each.
They are the 3 clubs who have won it between them in all but 4 times in the PL era.

We're about 9 points off top.

We're about 4 games away from a cup final. I know where the priorities should lie.

Fucking hell that is one emotional rollercoaster in the last half hour. Feels great to get that last minute winner after feeling good then shit then great. What an afternoon!

Fair play to the WW players, they came with zeal and no great football but what can you expect from a team of milkmen. Their support was cunty and deserve the sad finish

You know, I spent most of that game telling myself that it's better for us to have less games so going out of the Cup is ok ... then the commentator said, "I wonder if this will be the last FA Cup game at White Hart Lane" and I got a bit emotional, what with our history in the FA Cup and all.

That win has me feeling proud and sad at the same time ... I wish I could get over there and see one more game at the Lane :pochsulk:

Back
Top Bottom