Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had a really solid back 4, a midfield of Gio, NDombele and Winks could be fucking effective for another 4+ years. Good buys both of those two new lads.

We had multiple clear chances and didn’t convert.

My biggest issue today was with the tactics / strategy.

We can beat these guys by playing. We have enough there, even without Son and Kane.

Can't grumble at all with that result, we were definitely better with Ndombele on the pitch, but Moura up front in a 442 against this lot was utter bollocks, and I'm not too excited by the last 20, we only got much more of the ball then because they got their away goal and shelled on it.

They were comprehensively better with and without the ball, tactically, technically and effort wise than us for an hour.

Poor game plan. We didn't need to sit so deep for so long, there was a better balance to be cut here. When you are so negative for most of a match, you can't feel too hard done by that result.

I dont think that the Deli bashing is fair. First half we parked the bus. He ran himself to the ground. Our CMs were woeful in defence. Equal shots on targets as well as keeper saves. Only difference was the crap tackle made by Davies.

Why do you keep saying that?

I said there would be no shame in going out to a good side and the F.A. Cup is easier to win.

Where in that brain of yours does that mean I want us to lose?
Ok you didn't say that but from what I saw tonight we stand a good chance to go through. My bad but your 3rd comment 'where in that brain' etc is a tad impolite.

What’s the point qualifying for it if we play kids in it
Who said play the kids next season?
Are people genuinely looking at the state of this season and thinking we can fight on three fronts?
PL top 4 and FA cup would be absolute delerium.
And plebs want to risk that by running ourselves ragged in Germany, maybe squeezing through......somehow........so we can go and play two more games and get our arses handed to us by Real Madrid

15 mins of huff and puff at the end doesn't excuse a shit negative performance. jose spent all week sying we had no chance, asked the fans to do their bit and then puts out that pathetic effort.

Imagine Burnley without wood and barnes up front.

That was us for the first 75 minutes.

Not sure how any spurs fan can be happy right now.

Were 442, long ball and defensive. Absolute load of shit that only because of his name is he getting away with.

Every game is a war if attrition whether it be at home to Leipzig or at home to Southampton. He doesnt trust his players and has some fans thinking that somehow his playing with a team of underdogs.

His just brought on 2 subs worth 90 million quid. We aren't underdogs

Do I think leipzig are a good side? Yes absolutely brilliant but to play like that at home against anyone but the absolute biggest of teams is a disgrace.

I hate it. Absolutely hate it. Sure last minute winners against bottom three sides are good but the pure shit you have to watch to get there is so depressing.

And a final note which is pure speculation but that's two players his taken off who look devastated.

Something isnt right.

I don’t care that we are missing two key players, so are they. Our attitude on the pitch is straight up garbage. Players standing still half the time and too scared to put together 2+ passes... Leipzig running rings around our players.

Nearly a Mourinho masterclass, if not for a silly foul.

Thought Sanchez was brilliant along with Hugo, who with Lo Celso were probably all in contention for MOTM.

Lamela and Ndombele really changed it for us. Both needed for the second leg.

Encouraging signs towards the end. Definitely felt.... Ajaxy.

Back
Top Bottom