Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could do with an early goal tonight. Then they'll need to come at us, which will open them up for counter attacks.

I think we'll do 'em 3-1.

Sorry have to take issue with this..
Food overated-you were either eating rubbish or you don't understand food.
Christ everyone is so petty. The average grub in most restaurants in Italy is fine but nothing special. You have to root out the good places. Obvioulsy Italian food is wonderful. It is my favourite cuisine in fact but the quality of food in Italy is overrated. Not everywhere serves good food. Btw I have been to Italy over 50 times.

I have to say I somewhat dislike Pochettino's Champion's League obsession.

Of course it is important but the name of the competition is a phoney and it just distorts aspiration.

Important yes but not as significant or telling as winning your domestic league or giving your all in domestic cups when trophies make you a winner regardless of the tournament.

Beware the fall Mr P and rein in the one competition importance, which even getting into the top 4 is centred on.

Of course it is important but the name of the competition is a phoney and it just distorts aspiration.

Important yes but not as significant or telling as winning your domestic league or giving your all in domestic cups when trophies make you a winner regardless of the tournament.

Beware the fall Mr P and rein in the one competition importance, which even getting into the top 4 is centred on.
What exactly are you talking about?

I'm feeling reasonably comfortable, but don't think that we are in for a display like we saw in the first leg. I'm expecting a dodgy game, but we'll pull it off in the end. I'm going for a 1-0 win.

I'll be on an airplane and won't be able to watch it. :vdvcry:

It’s the biggest club competition in the world and the only trophy we haven’t won. The rest of your post is gibberish.

Are you a secret gooner? Not in the CL, suddenly it’s a shit trophy? :deledoubt:

Christ everyone is so petty. The average grub in most restaurants in Italy is fine but nothing special. You have to root out the good places. Obvioulsy Italian food is wonderful. It is my favourite cuisine in fact but the quality of food in Italy is overrated. Not everywhere serves good food. Btw I have been to Italy over 50 times.
I once had the WORST Bolgnese IN Bologna... true story that!#touristtrapcrap

If I thought he food in a country was average, I’d not visit that country over 50 times. I’d try somewhere else. Maybe that’s just me.

Sorry I don't get your negativity today. We all agreed years ago that its not the 'Champions' League as you didn't have to win your own league to be in it and not as good as the European Cup as it was.

But it is what it is and we have been striving to be in this position for years now. Slowly improving, a couple of steps forward, a couple back at times but we deserve to be where we are now. We have earned our position (although not champions) through merit.

Stop the negativity and enjoy the day and the moment. They don't come round often.

Anyway, dropped the kids off at school, just got to kill time until 3pm when I'm driving up to Hillingdon.
likewise - supposed to be in meetings until 3pm when we escape and head tot he trains to get in, but I think I will only be there physically and not mentally....

Absolutely huge game for the club. Years of falling short and being ‘Spursy’ can be stopped tonight. I urge everyone to stand, sing and shout tonight. Let’s make Wembley a fortress and create a truly unforgettable atmosphere.

COYS

I don't think a team in our position can afford not to be 'obsessed' with the Champions League. How else are we supposed to compete in the transfer window. How else are we supposed to increase our players' wages to both compete with our peers and deter predators? How else are we supposed to fund the stadium redevelopment?

If you want some sense of what building a team and infrastructure capable of achieving a regular top 4 finish is worth, look at the impact last year's CL campaign have had on Leicester's financial health. Their revenues over the past three years have been £104m in 2015, £129m in 2016 and an estimated £233m in 2017.

What do you think the 2018 numbers will look like?

Back
Top Bottom