Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do we learn from tonight?
Snidely kick and stamp on the opposition, then apologise with that Latin innocence that seemingly never gets you sent off....

What else...? Erm... good guys rarely win.

TIME TO TURN INTO A RIGHT BUNCH OF DIRTY CUNTS ... fuck what everyone thinks of us... the Media are wanking into their own mouths at Juve's 'tactics'... wtf? Celebrating stamping on the opposition then parking the bus...? No wonder Mourhino has sussed football. He knows how to win bland AND dirty.... ahhh. Living the dream.
Either spunk money at it... or kick the shit out of it.
THAT'S how you win football.
I have learned a valuable lesson tonight.

Fucking heartbreaking. But we need to be honest in our defeat and learn our lessons. When it comes to the biggest games, Trippier and Davies are simply not good enough. Lets not pretend otherwise. And if we want to push forward and make a mark in these competions, we need to keep players like Toby and Danny. We have shown we are a club that belongs at the top table. Lets keep hold of the players that can keep us there.
Davies played at The Bernabau

I’d like to think I’m normally pretty positive, but the way we’ve gone out of this competition hurts. The team have put so much in since the first game against Dortmund and every performance (including tonight’s) has been top class. Two moments where we fell asleep have ultimately cost us. Just hope that we can really focus on winning the fa cup. But at the same time we need that top four finish.

The key thing is the players didn’t bottle it tonight, but they need to remain focused and motivated to ensure we don’t bottle the rest of the season. I’m sure poch can motivate these lads to push on till the end.

Breaks my heart x2000

we didn't create enough chances and we didn't capitalize on the ones we did. we deserved to lose, if we won we would have deserved that too. Seeing our boys play and how the wanted it gives me no doubt that we will get top 4 and i could see us win the FA. our team is good enough we just didn't preform today, and that sucks, but it is a pleasure to be a part of.

Also, as well as Sanchez done over the two legs, I can't help but feel we really missed Alderweireld over the two legs (Don't care about his Rochdale performance), a fully fit Toby at the back would have been such a big boost for us. He has the experience, the composure and he does really make us stronger.

Again, it just wasn't to be. If we had a fully fit team all season, who knows where we'd be. It hasn't happened and it's a case of ifs, buts, pots and pans.

I don't think this summer will be that time.

Not with the new stadium coming up.

But the FA Cup is crucial now and we REALLY need to continue to improve next season. Whether that's put in another title challenge, get a decent draw deep into the League Cup, hopefully defend our FA Cup trophy? Continuously improve in the Champions League etc.

Because if we fail to win anything this year AND next season then summer of 2019 could get real tough..
I've waited decades for this team, but now it's fucked. The FA Cup us fucking meaningless.

Lost to what is a very good side

but fuck, i hate italian teams. first 20 mins of the second half, if it moves, kick it. once a goal up, fall over clutching their calf if the wind blows too hard
It's shit but it works.
It's exactly what Pochettino was talking about in his interview a few weeks back. He's right to encourage our players to use the dark arts.

Back
Top Bottom