Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some shocking comments by Joe last night - this could be the end of him on TFC

Yes he was on form all right and I’m not sure I believe him when he said he drove home as he was clearly pissed

After our last spat we agreed not to engage with one another and I haven’t

Forum is better off without him but he has his fans and he will be back

Rinse and repeat

Davies is a good lad who will no doubt improve under Poch but at the moment him and Tripps aren’t at this level
Not that I’m blaming them for last nights defeat

Lots of reasons and I do think Big Vic should have come on for Dier who looked to be carrying an injury early in 2nd half and Moura should have been on immediately after their second goal but difficult decisions for Poch to have made and might have worked out as it was

Still believed that we were robbed by a bent ref and desperately unlucky

I hope retrospective action is taken against that cunt who stamped on Sonny
Showed all that is wrong about football and should have been a straight red
All ifs and buts but that's football and none of us are Poch and only he knows what changes should/could have been implemented.

Live and learn and move on. The team as is Poch are still young and learning with every game and I only expext :adegrin: them to get stronger for it.

Bloody hell there are some melts on here today....

Juve are a good team and showed yesterday they know how to win ugly, we smashed them for 165 mins of the 180 minute tie, they probably had what 5 good chances? and took 4.

We should of won 4-2 at Juve and should of been 5-0 up before they had their first shot on target yesterday. We didn’t take our chances they did, simple as that.

What we need to do now if get top 4 and try our hardest to win the FA cup. Do both those things and it’s the best season we have ever had in the PL era. So no need for everyone to start shitting there pants

Lets be honest, if we was offered top 4 at the start of the year, told we would win a group with Madrid and Dortmund in it and have a bloody good go at Juventus in the final 16, most spurs fans would have taken it. Insert however far we get in the FA cup and its a good year for me. If we keep our team together for next year at the new stadium then its a good lesson for those players.

Juventus know how to not lose a game, that is how they have got to two finals in the last 3 years, I find it as disappointing as the next fan and just accepting failure isn't acceptable, but I didn't feel the fingers needed to be pointed at anyone last night and the team played well.
Haven't seen the game back on television yet, but from the ground I don't think their could have been too many complains had either team won. The penalty appeal for them in the first 10-15 minutes was directly in front of me and I thought it was a stonewall penalty so I don't think blaming ref'ing decisions was right either.

I think what you don't seem to understand is Mourinho sets his team up too play that way and drills them to play that way every session thus they are experts at it, I think you have to be brave and play to your strengths and parking the bus would have been suicide for us.

I'd like to also remind you that we've seen out far mor games with Poch than any other manager for years and years and if he had of shut up shop at half time and lost you'd be on here critising that.

Yeah at 1-0 I had far more hope than I ever have had as a spurs fan that we could ride any pressure, keep playing our football and get the job done. Unfortunately it wasn't too be.

Ok everyone sorry, Rose has been magnificent. Probably why Poch plays him every week.
Those games against Newport and Rochdale....fuck me, Juve wouldn't had got a look in.
He's much better than he was before the injury, borderline world class.

:dembelewtf:

GaulPascoigne,
Bit of a cheap dig at a fellow Spurs supporter to be honest; If you disagreed with my comment, fair enough, but to try an insult like that is I consider a provocative comment to make and not in step with the ethos of this site as other members will agree I’m sure.

You literally said "Hopefully this is another nail in Pochettino’s coffin and we ship him out at the end of this season."

Fuck off.

Love it how Pochettino knows best and is a great manager, goes unbeaten for 17 games, then a great CL team just manages to scrape past us and all of a sudden every cunt and his dog knows better than him...

Last edited:
Liverpool Fan here, I watched your game last night and wanted you to win.

If I was a spurs fan id be disappointed because you should have won, you were the better team and ought to be on the last 8 so its a big opportunity missed.

Lack of concentration undid you and you cant do that in Europe. A case in point was in the 2nd half I remember Higuain smashing the ball into the crowd, he looked dejected, the crowd wolf whistled him yet one of your players patted him on the back as though to console him. You cant do that, the game is not won, you should be on edge, he should have been mouthing to him that hes shit to bring him down even more.

He then scored a few minutes after moment. But that pat on the back was a moment that stuck in my mind for some reason as it almost felt you became too relaxed. I was thinking why are you consoling him, at the time.

As for the fouling, dirty, cheating tactics, thats European football for you, theres no point complaining as you have to expect it. Its part of the whole experience. Weve seen it all over the years. You have to give it back.

Son was your best player on the night they couldnt handle him and so kept trying to foul him and rough him up.

At the end of the day whilst some are consoling yourself that you had a good run, I think its underplaying your hand a bit, really you should be at the top table in the last 8 because I thought you were better than Juventus.

Because people are acting as if we would have gone through with Rose. He's been crap since he opened his big mouth and we might not have even made it out the groups had he been playing.
I don't think anyone's acting as if we would of won if Rose was on the pitch, the prime Rose of 2016 though yes maybe but who knows?
It's worth remembering he's been through a long period of injury and to call him crap is going way to far.

Ok everyone sorry, Rose has been magnificent. Probably why Poch plays him every week.
Those games against Newport and Rochdale....fuck me, Juve wouldn't had got a look in.
He's much better than he was before the injury, borderline world class.

:dembelewtf:
Lol no need to do that mate, everyone's got different opinions, personally I don't think Davies and Trippier were the reason we lost tonight and I don't believe they're poor for these kind of ties because Davies and Trippier played their part in the great group games we've had so they showed they can cope. It was down to the collective being a bit too lightweight and inexperienced than targeting a player or two in particular.

I bet the snowflakes were melting so badly this place was getting flooded last night.

Haven't woken up this pissed off since Chelsea robbed us of the CL. Pedigree won on the night though I suppose, or it just wasn't meant to be, but fucking hell that stung like a bitch.

Honestly felt heartbroken last night and couldn't muster any words.

On reflection this experience should improve us as a team and improve our manager. We were taught a lesson in game management last night and were shown that is this level, being the most talented team doesn't always get you the result you need. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I wont go into what subs should or shouldn't have been made.

We should be proud of our team, we were written off in the group stage and written off when we drew Juve. We went out by a single goal to serial finalists and a team that don't concede goals. We should also be proud of our manager who got us to this level, he's as inexperienced at this level as our squad and this is a learning curve for him too.

We gotta take this lesson and apply it in the future. We are so so close, it really is coming!

All eggs in the FA Cup now, beat Swansea and were in a Semi-final. Last night Juve taught us a lesson than might just help get us over the line in that competition.

COYFS!

Back
Top Bottom