Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm thinking we'll sit back and play on the counter as we did against Madrid last season. I think we set up that way against Huddersfield to try it out and only having 47% possession to them suggests that might be the case, i know we missed Eriksen on sat but i don't believe that accounts for losing our usually superior dominance with the ball.

Hoping everyone is fit. Really looking forward to this one!

COYS!!!!

If we do win this one, get ready for a stream of BS about how this isn't special as 'Barcelona aren't good anymore'.

It's one game.

When we beat Real Madrid last season and went on to win the Champions League......... .oh wait.

Very little in my opinion matters more or proves quality as empatically than consistency of output at a high level.

I see this as a matter of some irrelevance.

We have to get through the game without further injury more than anything else I feel.

The 2 PSV games and the return match with Inter are far more significant than this and our return at the Nou camp.

Irrelevant?
Barca in the CL is irrelevant?
Makes you wonder what all your window fuss was about if a game like this is just a matter of getting through without injuries.

How can you be so blasé about a fixture of this prestige......in order to preserve players for the PL, which you feel we have zero chance of winning.

Might as well rest everyone for West Ham in the Mickey Mouse shall we... that will attract all the best players in January won’t it...

Irrelevant?
Barca in the CL is irrelevant?
Makes you wonder what all your window fuss was about if a game like this is just a matter of getting through without injuries.

How can you be so blasé about a fixture of this prestige......in order to preserve players for the PL, which you feel we have zero chance of winning.

Might as well rest everyone for West Ham in the Mickey Mouse shall we... that will attract all the best players in January won’t it...

Talk about miss the thrust of my post.

Oh well.

Wonder what everyone thinks on how we should approach this.

Go out to defend or try to play our own game?

Trying to play our game could potentially have a negative consequence and wreck our goal differences, we are up against a very strong attacking side.

Could it be better to approach it very defensively and perhaps go for counter attacks late in the game by introducing Son?

Alex Ferguson always said CL qualification was all about getting 10 points from your six fixtures. We should have three on the board by now, and be able to enjoy this but, well you know what happened in Milan.

This now means we HAVE to beat Inter at our place and do the double on PSV. And that still means we need a point from our two ties against Barca.

Camp Nou will always be a tough place to get anything from, so from a mathematical point of view we need to get something on the board in this fixture. A draw wouldn't be a disaster - but a defeat would mean we have to take points in Spain.

Heart says 3-1 Spurs; head says 1-1 is good enough for now.

I have a question about the ticket situation... on your website it stands that members can purchase tickets now.
If i become a Tottenham member can i buy 2 tickets online now?

Greetz Alex

Wonder what everyone thinks on how we should approach this.

Go out to defend or try to play our own game?

Trying to play our game could potentially have a negative consequence and wreck our goal differences, we are up against a very strong attacking side.

Could it be better to approach it very defensively and perhaps go for counter attacks late in the game by introducing Son?

Going toe to toe with them would see us get destroyed.

Get them on the counter would probably be our best bet. Just need to make sure when we get our chance we take it and with Kane, I like those chances.

It's going to be an amazing atmosphere. Barcelona in the champions league! Fucking brilliant. Hope the boys raise their game, and if they do, we could get something out of this. Needs a top performance though.

Back
Top Bottom