Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone care to share their memories of the final versus the chavs in 2008?

I'll start. One of my best Spurs memories...not only did we lift silverware, but I hate those cunts with a passion.
I was in my final year as a student and also my most heavy drinking period, dangerously so at times. Had my first beer on the tube on the way to meet my dad somewhere on the Northern line. We drove to a pub near Wembley to have some lunch and by chance bumped into a couples of mates, so we had burger and chips and about 5 pints with them. I remember not wanting the game to start because I was enjoying the build-up so much and felt certain that we would lose. Walking to the ground was weird, I saw small mobs of Chelsea and Spurs mingling freely on Wembley way, loads of verbals, gestures and looks but all knew it couldn't properly go off under the eyes of numerous Old Bill...Chelsea singing 'Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz'...CUNTS....went in...fought tooth and nail to get to the bar for another couple of pints before the game.

First half. They scored. Predictable but painful. Second half I was doing a piss when I heard what sounded like a far away cheer. "Shit, must be another Chelsea goal", I said to the guy pissing next to me. We both thought so. Then as I walked back to the gangway, I heard another cheer, this time huge, deafening...this could only mean one thing- we had equalised! I hadn't seen the goal but still felt the same euphoria as if I had seen it, jumping around the concourse, hugging random other yids who had missed the goal.

Despite all the beer, my nerves just could not take it as the game went to extra time. I remember distinctly that when Woodgate scored I was so sapped of energy that I didn't have the strength to jump around...all I could do was stand and clench my fist...but still I was so insanely happy. The period of time between his goal and the final whistle was easily the most nervous I have ever been at football. In fact, it's probably one of my most nervous times in life generally. I remember the whistles before half time in extra time being so loud, it was as if we were willing the ref to blow up for full time in the Champions League final, not half time in extra time in the league cup final. I never thought we'd make it to the end of that first half let alone the end of the second half. I remember going down to the concourse in that half time to check if the bar had magically re-opened...I was that desperate for something to kill the tension.

Time went on, fans getting more nervous, it shifting to the players. Mistakes being made. Whistles. As deafening as anything. Full time approaching, and then fucking Drogba is through on goal. We're going to fuck it up, right at the end, in true Spurs style. But the whistle goes! We've won! TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR LEAGUE CUP WINNERS flashes up on a screen and I feel a blast of extreme joy. I remember Drogba complaining to the ref, Hi Ho Silver Lining playing as the players do a lap of honour, many songs walking back to the pub, some celebratory drinks that never tasted so good, then back to Palmers Green to start the real night's drinking with mates, then into Central London to celebrate and back to my flat around 4am....What a fucking day!

Anyone care to share their memories of the final versus the chavs in 2008?

I'll start. One of my best Spurs memories...not only did we lift silverware, but I hate those cunts with a passion.
I was in my final year as a student and also my most heavy drinking period, dangerously so at times. Had my first beer on the tube on the way to meet my dad somewhere on the Northern line. We drove to a pub near Wembley to have some lunch and by chance bumped into a couples of mates, so we had burger and chips and about 5 pints with them. I remember not wanting the game to start because I was enjoying the build-up so much and felt certain that we would lose. Walking to the ground was weird, I saw small mobs of Chelsea and Spurs mingling freely on Wembley way, loads of verbals, gestures and looks but all knew it couldn't properly go off under the eyes of numerous Old Bill...Chelsea singing 'Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz'...CUNTS....went in...fought tooth and nail to get to the bar for another couple of pints before the game.

First half. They scored. Predictable but painful. Second half I was doing a piss when I heard what sounded like a far away cheer. "Shit, must be another Chelsea goal", I said to the guy pissing next to me. We both thought so. Then as I walked back to the gangway, I heard another cheer, this time huge, deafening...this could only mean one thing- we had equalised! I hadn't seen the goal but still felt the same euphoria as if I had seen it, jumping around the concourse, hugging random other yids who had missed the goal.

Despite all the beer, my nerves just could not take it as the game went to extra time. I remember distinctly that when Woodgate scored I was so sapped of energy that I didn't have the strength to jump around...all I could do was stand and clench my fist...but still I was so insanely happy. The period of time between his goal and the final whistle was easily the most nervous I have ever been at football. In fact, it's probably one of my most nervous times in life generally. I remember the whistles before half time in extra time being so loud, it was as if we were willing the ref to blow up for full time in the Champions League final, not half time in extra time in the league cup final. I never thought we'd make it to the end of that first half let alone the end of the second half. I remember going down to the concourse in that half time to check if the bar had magically re-opened...I was that desperate for something to kill the tension.

Time went on, fans getting more nervous, it shifting to the players. Mistakes being made. Whistles. As deafening as anything. Full time approaching, and then fucking Drogba is through on goal. We're going to fuck it up, right at the end, in true Spurs style. But the whistle goes! We've won! TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR LEAGUE CUP WINNERS flashes up on a screen and I feel a blast of extreme joy. I remember Drogba complaining to the ref, Hi Ho Silver Lining playing as the players do a lap of honour, many songs walking back to the pub, some celebratory drinks that never tasted so good, then back to Palmers Green to start the real night's drinking with mates, then into Central London to celebrate and back to my flat around 4am....What a fucking day!

That Berbatov penalty was the 2nd greatest Spurs moment in my life after Ginola's goal against Barnsley.
Coolest Spurs moment in football I have witnessed. Literally toyed with Cech and passed the ball in the safe direction.

seen a few members say they've started to have payments taken, the ticket news for the game on the site is down as well so I reckon we'll see the announcement on the cut off today

seen a few members say they've started to have payments taken, the ticket news for the game on the site is down as well so I reckon we'll see the announcement on the cut off today

I really hope this isn't the case, as I can't put money into my account until Monday. I thought we would have been told if we were successful before they take money out of our accounts, much like an away game

Just checked my credit card and I do have a large difference between the available balance and the credit limit, which would mean this is true. Trying to work out how many tickets I've got and at which price!

I really hope this isn't the case, as I can't put money into my account until Monday. I thought we would have been told if we were successful before they take money out of our accounts, much like an away game

Credit cards can debit whenever mate but your current account won't actually take the money out on a weekend. A payment can be declined though on the basis of being able to tell the money isn't there but, not so many banks/accounts do that these days if it's not a huge amount, sub £100 should be ok for most.

If it gets declined don't worry the club will email you and give you a chance to call them up. It happened to me for Sheff away and Fiorentina away as I got a new card so the details weren't updated on the club's site

Just checked my credit card and I do have a large difference between the available balance and the credit limit, which would mean this is true. Trying to work out how many tickets I've got and at which price!
Lovely stuff. Kris showed me your snapchat of all the tickets you applied for, some effort working out whose is whose haha

If it gets declined don't worry the club will email you and give you a chance to call them up. It happened to me for Sheff away and Fiorentina away as I got a new card so the details weren't updated on the club's site

Thanks. It turned out my local bank stays open a bit longer on a Saturday, so I managed to get myself down to there and put money in. Apparently no one has attempted to take money out of my account yet, which means they haven't processed mine or 152 points isn't enough. Anxious wait ahead

Thanks. It turned out my local bank stays open a bit longer on a Saturday, so I managed to get myself down to there and put money in. Apparently no one has attempted to take money out of my account yet, which means they haven't processed mine or 152 points isn't enough. Anxious wait ahead
They have thousands to process so they won't get em all done straight away. I'd have thought 152 was fine but who knows

Cut off announced:

dbaa90cbaa28242cd2c6a2ea0c56ade619de93c3f4d65556e0d2fa6be9ad1c14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom