Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeh definitely out of the final. all suspensions are for the league and both domestic cups. its only European games that is separate.

Matic is a key player for Chelsea and anchors their midfield very effectively. Yes, obviously, it would have been better if it was Hazard suspended, but I'll take this!
Burnley looking like they'll get a draw now too, hang in there...

I'd add Fabregas to Hazard. Stop one of them and they are beatable. Hazard was still ripping us to pieces when they came to us but we shut Fabregas out and we won despite Hazard.

Fabragas rarely looks good against us, he seems to struggle against pace/fit teams, Costa will alway be a good poacher but you can isolate him. Hazard by contrast is almost impossible to keep quiet, he really is their X factor.

Matic is a key player for Chelsea and anchors their midfield very effectively. Yes, obviously, it would have been better if it was Hazard suspended, but I'll take this!
Burnley looking like they'll get a draw now too, hang in there...

Agree Matic would be up their as players I am hoping would miss the game, one or two more would be nice.

Unfortunately Chelsea have from NOW until next Sunday to rest, train, scheme and plan. Whereas we still have two other games to get through first!
I'm gonna try and manufacture the only positive I can out that that situation. They have this time to reflect on how shit they were today (I didn't even see the game and have no idea if they were shit but they didn't beat Burnley at home, it will hurt) time to reflect their loss to Bradford and time to reflect their poor performance against PSG where they were lucky to not be beaten 4-1. These recent poor performances, the prospect of facing a team that shredded them on New Years Day and the burden of being the favourites will to too much for them.

guido, they should have won easily today. missed a lot of chances and the ref had a shocker.
Chelsea should have had 2 clear pens way before the sending off. so it would have been at least 3-0 by the time that happened. also burnley got a way with some bad challenges. barnes especially should have been sent off. the sending off was a reaction to another bad challenge by him.

the main positive is the 5-3 win. our players should have a lot of belief and no fear coming in to game.
I guess the 1 issue is if nerves get the better of them. maybe some of the younger lads will be a bit nervous. but hopefully they can overcome that. my other fear is the enthusiastic rose losing his head and getting sent off or given away a cheap pen. but he was superb against them in the 5-3 win so just rain/reign it in a little & he should be fine.

IM SENDING THE MESSAGE TO MAD YID,NO REPLY YET BROTHERS,
drum01.gif

Back
Top Bottom