Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top of my head, Newcastle have had a few of their starting 11/matchday squad out for a while: Pope, Botman, Joelington, Barnes, Wilson, Livramento, Murphy, Willock...Tonali through suspension too. But you're right, their bench sucks and that's why they've struggled, knowing they had CL footy too.

Chelsea? Think Fofana would defo play every game if fit. Their Spanish goalie too. Nkunku recovering from a long, nasty one...and seems he's relapsing. James, Cucurella, Chilwell...they're hardly third string.

Man Utd? Lisandro & Mount pretty much missed the whole season. AWB, Shaw, Varane & Casemiro out a lot of minutes too. Their squad is shit and their manager is a twat, but still...

Anyway, injuries are part of a season and you gotta find a way around it. They've hit us, as well as suspensions and friggin AFCON + Asian Cup...but we've also not performed as well as we should have and that's why we are where we are. Some of the lads just not been good enough and the big fella's made his share of mistakes too.

I'm bored, so I've worked it out in terms of minutes missed by first team players (or useable squad players) this season and I got:

Newcastle - 8377 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries or suspensions, which includes Tonali

Tottenham - 8880 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries, suspensions and international tournaments. Not included Ryan Sessegnon. (Injured from pre-season)

Man Utd - 8750 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries, suspensions and international tournaments. Not included Tyrell Malacia (Injured from pre-season)

Chelsea were in fact the only "top team" who's first team etc have missed more minutes than ours. And that was without including Fofana who has missed the entire season with injury. But I was also debating whether to even include someone like Lavia in that list (Who has played 32 minutes all season!).

I'm bored, so I've worked it out in terms of minutes missed by first team players (or useable squad players) this season and I got:

Newcastle - 8377 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries or suspensions, which includes Tonali

Tottenham - 8880 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries, suspensions and international tournaments. Not included Ryan Sessegnon. (Injured from pre-season)

Man Utd - 8750 minutes missed of Premier League football through injuries, suspensions and international tournaments. Not included Tyrell Malacia (Injured from pre-season)

Chelsea were in fact the only "top team" who's first team etc have missed more minutes than ours. And that was without including Fofana who has missed the entire season with injury. But I was also debating whether to even include someone like Lavia in that list (Who has played 32 minutes all season!).
Holy fuck,you are the most bored guy on the planet 🤣

See, told you I was treeible at this!

(Sorry, that's the best I can do!)
For All Mankind Space GIF by Apple TV+

Back
Top Bottom