Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte made a big appeal to the fans to do their part in this game and being an evening game it should be tasty.

Hope you and the little man have a blast.

We did that for Marseille before kick off and during the first half and the team responded by setting up camp on our own goal line. Let’s hope we are a bit more balls out tomorrow and the crowd will continue to respond.

Thank you. Of course there are some very powerful and impressive female role models around here!

(I just allowed myself to imagine what TFC would be like if the current proportion of male to female posters was reversed. Probably a lot more civilised, but to be fair you chaps are all pretty funny. Some of you even on purpose.)

In this parallel universe you talk of I’m wondering what pastimes and hobbies the female cretinousgoat cretinousgoat would have.

The mind boggles.

Based on the fact I have a coat and shoe addiction (although nowhere near on par with my other half) and I like cats my equivalent will probably just have more shoes and coats, have longer hair and be known as Brenda Matthews.

I have already made peace with the fact that starting fullbacks for this game will be Perisic-Royal.

One can only hope that this will not be a new pattern now- to have one more defensive and other more offensive WB, hence Sess-Doherty and Perisic-Royal pairings.

Cause we need some attacking effort from both wingbacks at the same time.

But whatever the lineup will be, PLEASE show some passion and intensity. And get a nice homewin! COYS!

We did that for Marseille before kick off and during the first half and the team responded by setting up camp on our own goal line. Let’s hope we are a bit more balls out tomorrow and the crowd will continue to respond.
We have been more balls out in the last two - I think Conte and the players have realised we went too far the other way (defensively).

Easy win imo.
Come On You Spurs Son Heung Min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty PEH Bissouma Bentancur Sess
Richarlison Kane

I'd go one change up front.

Build some fitness into Doherty and Bissouma. Sess played ok so deserves to keep his place.

Then rotate for the Everton game by bringing in Skipp, Perisic, Son and Lenglet. Hopefully Deki is an option on the bench for that too.

Still very quiet on kulusevski. I don’t like it when we don’t hear about an injured player because with us that usually means it’s worse than is being let on. Hopefully we see him back in training this week or else I’ll be concerned. Hamstring injuries are something to rush.
Can’t have been a savage tear as he was with the other players watching the game just after he did it (as opposed to laid up in bed), but agree re hamstring care and not rushing

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty PEH Bissouma Bentancur Sess
Richarlison Kane

I'd go one change up front.

Build some fitness into Doherty and Bissouma. Sess played ok so deserves to keep his place.

Then rotate for the Everton game by bringing in Skipp, Perisic, Son and Lenglet. Hopefully Deki is an option on the bench for that too.
I would start Skipp, otherwise I agree

I hope we start fast and aggressively. Can’t have us all waiting for the 70th min at 0-0 tensions rising…

2-0 at HT ideally. Calm and relaxed second half please

Lucas and Tanganga also back in training.

Fingers crossed for a fully fit squad.

after a fairly long time out probably won't be match fit, but great to see them back and available for match day squads in the coming weeks - we need a big squad given frequency of game s being 3 or 4 days apart

I have already made peace with the fact that starting fullbacks for this game will be Perisic-Royal.

One can only hope that this will not be a new pattern now- to have one more defensive and other more offensive WB, hence Sess-Doherty and Perisic-Royal pairings.

Cause we need some attacking effort from both wingbacks at the same time.

But whatever the lineup will be, PLEASE show some passion and intensity. And get a nice homewin! COYS!
I suppose there's an upside in Royal fucking owes us massively so this should be one game he plays out of his skin.

If he doesn't he can fuck right out of our club

Very worrying that Lucas is back training. Conte has already rotated Kulu for Richy with major consequences, hopefully any squad rotation doesn’t mean minutes for the second worst Brazilian to grace the PL

after a fairly long time out probably won't be match fit, but great to see them back and available for match day squads in the coming weeks - we need a big squad given frequency of game s being 3 or 4 days apart
Yeah great. William Hill have quickly adjusted our title odds from 12/1 down to evens off the back of this ‘great’ news

Back
Top Bottom