Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impossible to predict this given both teams' current state. 2-1, 1-2, 4-4, 3-5... nothing would surprise me. Arrive with an open mind and fully fueled would be my recommendation. Good job we've got until 5:30pm to do the latter.

"Doctor I've broken my arm in several places"
"Well, don't go to those places"

Haw Haw... same gag, different words... bit of a charleton that Mr Cooper when you think about it!
Lucky they didn't have Twatter in those days, or else someone would've tweeted Thames TV and pointed it out for the world to 'like'!

Read your post three times trying to decipher it as some kind of complaint about us using too many youth players!

No, no complaints here. I think that the youth players have shown more heart out on the pitch and the football has definitely been faster and more forward going. Maybe they are just settling still with variations on who plays where, I hope so because I feel that collectively, the team has everything it needs to do well this season.

Haw Haw... same gag, different words... bit of a charleton that Mr Cooper when you think about it!
Lucky they didn't have Twatter in those days, or else someone would've tweeted Thames TV and pointed it out for the world to 'like'!
It wasn't the jokes it was the delivery, he was a genius.

No idea what to expect and no idea what team he'll pick.

I like that we've kept the same back four for 3 games but something clearly isn't working on that left hand side. Walker has been solid, Alderweireld too bar that stupid penalty. The other two is clearly a worry.

Dier and Mason I expect to see start again.

Chadli and Eriksen if fit, could Alli play from the start? Looked confident and direct yesterday, knows where the goal is. Dembele was pretty solid and actually did shift the ball and get the odd shot away yesterday. Think we're at the stage where its anyone but Lamela.

Kane is slowly getting there, involved in most of our good play against Stoke and Leicester now just needs that first goal to kick on. Team for me would be (if fit):

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Mason Dier
Dembele Eriksen Chadli
Kane

Clint, Alli, Pritchard as attacking options on the bench would be nice to see, better than what we've had so far.

I'm actually optimistic about this. Everton tied to waffled and Southapton were just crappy that match. I think if we go by the same tactics as Stoke (except no Jan and Alli in starting 11) we can easly get a win

Where will N'Jie play though? I know he's a forward but will he be a wing? I don't feel comfortable him being a sub for Kane, I'm just glad we finally got some pace in the squad.

So Poch should know by now No Jan/Lamala= Easy wins. If either of them aren't in the starting 11. 2-1 Spurs.

Edit: It seriously autocorrected "Watford" to "Waffled". What

Firstly I'd play 2 wingers on the wing. Players who are able and willing to move without the ball and eager to take on defenders when on the ball.

If we have to go to the u21's, u18's or the u16's to find two such, then so be it

It's hard to understand what goes in Poch's head sometimes.
So who knows which players he'll start this time.

All I'm asking is that both N'jie AND Pritchard feature somehow, or at least are on the bench, which has looked soooo crap recently.

Other than that, I'd return Bentaleb to the starting line-up, and even give Alli a start. And while Davies hasn't been awful, please return Danny Rose to the starting lineup. He was (one of) our unsung heroes last season. Hopefully, Eriksen is fit too. He may have his off days, but he really is a key player for us!

Firstly I'd play 2 wingers on the wing. Players who are able and willing to move without the ball and eager to take on defenders when on the ball.

If we have to go to the u21's, u18's or the u16's to find two such, then so be it

Go to Everton, ask nicely and then bring back Lennon!

:lennon:

This game will finally kick-start our season.

3-1 Tottenham and off we go.

giphy.gif

Alex Pritchard better get a start next week. I'm sick of Lamela - he's been utter wank and deserves a place on the naughty step until he learns how to play football coherently.

Pissed off that N'Jie couldn't play against Leicester. If he was a migrant coming in through Calais he'd be on housing benefit and job seekers by now. But whatever, he can play next weekend instead of Dolphin (who also deserves a place on the naughty step for being a bit wank on the weekend).

Dembele is doing himself proud. Would like to see him as a sole CDM to see how that works out. Eriksen at CAM with Trippier and Rose as Fullbacks. Wimmer and Alderweireld at CB. Finally sign a striker which means we can play both Kane and I don't know. Berahino?

We need to stop with the two CDM shit. Have one and start playing football in the opponent's half as opposed to getting arse fucked in our own half.

Now, Pochettino is an ex pro and allegedly a great tactician. So he probably knows more about what he's doing than I. Whose only management expertise comes from FM15 and Thursday night 6 a side.

Back
Top Bottom