Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously; fuck that shit.....

......What about Poch? .....What about if they decide they're gonna pull that shit on Conte too?

Lazy/mutineering players are a fucking cancer regardless of whether you like the manager(s) they fucked over or not.....
Poch is totally different context, a reset (has been debated to death whether this was Poch, players, new players, all of these) was required. No different to the same happening under Barca & Bayern for Pep and Klopp at Dortmund (maybe even Conte at Juve, Chavs & Inter??). The team ran through brick walls for each other and for Poch until they no longer could.

Poch is totally different context, a reset (has been debated to death whether this was Poch, players, new players, all of these) was required.

Indeed it had been debated; but not to definitive ends and it's quite clear that some of the players were at odds with Poch by the time he left.

Bottom line; I will NEVER applaud player fuckery of this kind.....

Indeed it had been debated; but not to definitive ends and it's quite clear that some of the players were at odds with Poch by the time he left.

Bottom line; I will NEVER applaud player fuckery of this kind.....
There was no player fuckery with Poch, it was an end of a cycle that wasn't allowed a reset or reboot or rebuild whatever was required.

So you still want the dinosaur as our manager or Nuno because you think they let them down?

There was no player fuckery with Poch, it was an end of a cycle that wasn't allowed a reset or reboot or rebuild whatever was required.

This aspect is a dead end debate as neither of us have definitive evidence; just feelings. Although I would point you to the outlook and comments of players like Toby & Trippier signaling that all was not right on the training ground.

So you still want the dinosaur as our manager or Nuno because you think they let them down?

It's perfectly simple.... The idea of toxic mutineering in our dressing room concerns me greatly. It is a dangerous president. As already stated; I will NEVER applaud player fuckery of this kind.....

Yes Conte represents a silver lining, but there was nothing to guarantee that A would lead to B......

This aspect is a dead end debate as neither of us have definitive evidence; just feelings. Although I would point you to the outlook and comments of players like Toby & Trippier signaling that all was not right on the training ground.

It's perfectly simple.... The idea of toxic mutineering in our dressing room concerns me greatly. It is a dangerous president. As already stated; I will NEVER applaud player fuckery of this kind.....

Yes Conte represents a silver lining, but there was nothing to guarantee that A would lead to B......
I'm NOT specifying the specifics of Poch's time, suffice to say there was a major issue(s). Whatever it was in the singular or multiple issues it required addressing or rebooting, or rebuilding. This didn't happen. Without doing any of this it had run its course.

BUT

The players ran through brick walls for him and each other for 4 seasons on the bounce, this can never be disputed because it happened.

I applaud our players for getting two lost causes out of the Club, it has resulted in us hiring one of the best managers in the game.

I applaud our players for getting two lost causes out of the Club,

I know you do. That much is perfectly clear.

Dangerous ground whether you can bear to look past your disdain for Jose or not.... It's sets a president with the players which they've already shown they're prepared to repeat should some of them not fancy the proverbial next guy.

Meanwhile, you're fractions away from the 'wanting us to lose' mentality AFAIC.

it has resulted in us hiring one of the best managers in the game.

Fundamentally, the sacking and the hiring are TWO separate processes.... The players had no input in our hiring Conte.

The "Anyone but Nuno" attitude was ignorant then and it's ignorant now (*).

(*Whether you reflect this or not is not my point here....)

[Perhaps re-tag me in the Nuno or Jose thread if you think there's any steam left in this topic..... Don't wanna derail this thread any further. 👍]

I applaud our players for getting two lost causes out of the Club, it has resulted in us hiring one of the best managers in the game.
Shocking!!!

Basically supporting mutiny at our club and promoting rat like behaviour just because you don’t like the manager

:contefacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom