TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think there may be other factors too. Like if the pitch is slow why are we not watering it at half time. When we play away, 90% of the oppo will leave the grass long and not water the pitch, Poch who seldom makes excuses complained about the Newcastle pitch earlier this year. I just don't get why we don't water the Wembley pitch, which appears to be a slow pitch anyway??? Something just doesn't ring true, a bit like Wanyama's knee.

Yeah, the watering thing is weird. How much control do we have at Wembley when it comes to preparation of the pitch, bearing in mind that other events are held there?

“They already have Vertonghen and Alderweireld, two of the best centre‑halves around at the moment, yet they still took the boy from Ajax [Davinson Sánchez],” he points out. “The other thing is that they don’t just have quality, they don’t have to make many changes because their players are all at the best age. They know they have a generation that can win titles for Tottenham, so they don’t have to keep buying, they can be more relaxed. They have been title contenders for the last two years, so why should they not be this year?”
Klopp stating the obvious!
www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/21/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-praises-tottenham-attacking?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, the watering thing is weird. How much control do we have at Wembley when it comes to preparation of the pitch, bearing in mind that other events are held there?
Dunno mate. It's great that we have our guys working on the pitch and not Wembley's staff (or may be we work with them). My gut thinks that there may be certain compromises we have to work within because of other events. Maybe they prepare the pitch in a different way because England play on it in a days time, or there is a ruby league or American football game being played on it. All this other activity results in a thicker, longer cut, higher percentage artificial elements so it preserves it's longevity rather than it's performance of a football friendly surface??? Guess ww will have to wait for a sequel of Poch's book before we find out. Unless Neil Ashton has an exclusive what with his "connections".

Last edited:
I dread this fixture. We have a better squad, better manager and are a better team all round than Liverpool.. yet we never beat them! We seem to fall apart.

We need to be on top of our game today. Defence, midfield and attack need to be on top of their game. Almost the way we’ve played against Madrid and Dortmund.

Woken up this morning feeling a similar excited nervousness as on Tuesday.
I’m desperate for us to beat this lot today. Capitalising on our great midweek result would really show that we’ve hit our stride & another Wembley win should put all this hoodoo talk to bed.
If both teams turn up & play at their highest level, it will be an epic game & we will win. Our A game is better than theirs.
COYS.

“They already have Vertonghen and Alderweireld, two of the best centre‑halves around at the moment, yet they still took the boy from Ajax [Davinson Sánchez],” he points out. “The other thing is that they don’t just have quality, they don’t have to make many changes because their players are all at the best age. They know they have a generation that can win titles for Tottenham, so they don’t have to keep buying, they can be more relaxed. They have been title contenders for the last two years, so why should they not be this year?”
Klopp stating the obvious!
www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/21/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-praises-tottenham-attacking?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
A. That's actually a classy way to speak about a rival, take notice Pep
B. Klopp is definitely keeping tabs on us which is complimenting but worrying as he will line up today to match us in a more efficient way.

Last edited:
Didn't Llorente boss Liverpool at Anfield for Swansea, or am I making that up? Something to think about if I do remember that right.

I personally can't see Llorente starting this one, I reckon:

Lloris
Toby Sanches Jan
Aurier Davies
Dier Winks
Eriksen Alli
Kane

Then again Sissoko may start this one instead of Winks. Who knows, Poch seems to like the odd surprise. I'm gonna go 2-1 Spurs.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful . Not just the result but seeing how the media deal with it . Would it then all be about Mane ?

Would they wear armbands?

"Pray for the Lollerpool 11"

If we gave them a hiding it will be one of the last nails in Klopps coffin mark my words. Ridiculously the vultures are already circling.

Idiot can’t even quote properly & IM MENTAL!!?!?!
I have a few words to describe mental people like you..
"Your not a macaroni and cheese if you are spaghetti noodles.”
So there take that and suck it up..
200.gif

:dierpochhug:

I’d really start Rose this game. Davies has been immense, but Salah has massive pace that Rose can counter.

Dier needs to be on form as well. Coutinho is playing well at the moment, and they have a big threat going forward. Our front 3 really need to pressure their back line. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we saw the same style vs Madrid and Llorente start with Kane.

Im not so sure starting Rose is such a good idea. Subbing Davies on in minute 20 when Rose is dead tired seems a bit of a waste.

Back
Top Bottom