Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointing result, but a good display imo. Lamela, Rose and Bentaleb bossed it today.

*edit* I actually thought our back line dealt with City rather well, Aguero and Silva's movement and passing however is enough to dismantle the best of defenses.

Pochettino is clueless, i dont rate the guy. I dont see any difference between what he is doing and what sherwood did, both relying on lloris and a striker kane/adebayor. There's no pattern to our play. Mason and Bentaleb are non existant in midfield and useless.

I thought Lamela was our best player today and we did more than enough to get at least a point from today's game. I was reasonably pleased with the performance, but disappointed that we couldn't finish off with at least one goal. Felt let down mostly by Eriksen, think the plastic bag that was swirling around on the pitch during the game covered more ground than he did (any chance of a heat map?)
Didn't like to hear booing for Ade, unnecessary in my opinion - don't know what its supposed to achieve. Lovely to see Ricky, Mabbsie and Big Chiv at half time. Noticed that both teams were captained by goalies, is that fairly rare? Both their strips were so bright, you could probably see them from space. Don't normally notice or care about the opposition but thought Silva was amazeballs, any chance we can buy him? Please? Pretty, pretty, please!!!!!

Mason does look shot. I don't think he **scrambles for cover** is starting X1 material. Tries his bollocks off to be fair but that's not enough on its own. We need a power house alongside Bentaleb.

We have played with one up top because Poch prefers that system.

We have dropped the other two strikers from all activity for 6 months because Poch prefers that system.

We have dropped an excellent CM because Poch prefers that system.

So yesterday Poch goes with 3 strikers up top and one AM to save the game.

I am yet to be convinced Poch can change it up for the better.
If we qualified for CL Id be delighted.

We´ll see next year if he can deliver his target and improve on Tim and AVB.
Are you seriously saying that Moussa Dembele is an excellent attacking midfielder?
Please give the facts to back that statement up. This was the man who was going to be the next to go to Real Madrid. When you mention Dembele you invariably hear the words ' potential, unused & frustrating' I somehow don't think Moussa will ever start beating players in the final third, assisting or scoring more than 3 league goals a season. He's stuck in his ways and unable to change.
Since he's been with us he's underperformed or been injured. He usually cannot last 90 mins.
He also cost as much as Paulinho and has given us 3 league goals and 5 assists in 3 seasons. Nobody has really called him a waste of money.
Paulinho has done better with goals, so has Chadli, and Lamela has been more of an asset setting up goals.
Sorry, but we need AM's who can create & score goals, we have to many midfielders in the squad who are goal shy and uncreative.
By all means play Moussa instead of Bentaleb. He's strong on the ball, wins a tackle and will play a simple ball.
We just don't need another C midfielder who will not get into the box, cant pass and move, does not create enough and is goal shy.
Or are you talking about Andros Townsend?

The manager really cannot win. If he rotates the squad each week he will be accused of tinkering and not playing a settled team, you know the kind of settled team Chavs have been lauded for.
If he picks the same team each week he will be accused of not using the other players.
Yet there are the COC, FA, EL and EPL. He used different teams for that and was accused of not taking some seriously because he never picked the same strongest team he did in the EPL?
We will probably finish 6th, no different from last year despite getting to a final and using the 'shittiest players'. We are 6th because we have a squad that is capable of that. Let's not try and kid ourselves that AVB, TS and now MP have all failed to get the best out of these 'world class' players we have.

Last edited:
Ive always maintained Soldado and Paulinho are utter shit.

Vlad has his place in the squad but is certainly no answer. Not sure what your point is.

Ive banged the drum for the last 4 months about Ade, Dembele, Capoue, Kaboul, Stambouli, Fazio and to a lesser extent, Lennon.

"OUT....NOW....TODAY

Andros....sorry, as someone said, I really want to like you as a player. But its just woeful. Awful, awful player.

Soldado...words fail me...I would genuinely rather have Chamakh..thats as much as I can muster...just fuck off.

Paulinho.....wank. Big load of wank, no heart bottle job.

Ade...defended you to the hilt. What do you do in your spare time? Tweet praise to Henry. Just go.

Capoue....."mini Yaya"......read that again. Yes...Mini...Yaya. Maybe...if Yaya was fucking SHIT.

Levy for once, do not let our season unravel after January. Sell some cunts, and buy some cunts.

Thanks Spurs for today. Nice one.

:adethumbup:"

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...-discussion-thread.11644/page-181#post-695579

Seems like you do agree that Pochettino doesn't have the players.

Or, of course, you could post the full quotation:

"Paulinho has always been a good presser. I agree with that. But he can't really do anything else. He's totally sapped of confidence offensively. In the Partizan game he got the ball 12 yards out at an okay angle and ended up dribbling to the corner flag. He's never really displayed PL level passing or shooting abilities.

I won't pretend that my opinions towards the guy are anything besides negative but he just doesn't show me anything. Soldado has always flashed class with his touches and passing etc but there just hasn't been much evidence of talent from Paulinho."

The difference between us in this situation is I haven't spent the last month posting in every thread that Ade, Capoue, Vlad, and Kaboul would have saved our season if our manager weren't so stupid while having slagged them off in the past and admitted to their clear shortcomings. You're not offering any insight, you're offering a convenient narrative that even goes against what you've said previously.

Things have gone somewhat wrong in the last month and half so you've taken the players that haven't been included and made them the reason for why we've failed and acted like you've known it all along. Completely ignoring the fact that Adebayor, Kaboul, and Capoue were mainstays in our early season squad that was in twelfth place until November 22nd. Were you so vigorously arguing that they were key to our season then? Also, what has happened since they've been dropped? What place are we in now?

Even more problematically you act as if you are some sort of virtuous, truthful and genius crusader when in reality you've slagged these players off in the past. It's not your past opinions that are the problem it is the fact that you pretend like you're the only one who has known this all along but in reality you've just retroactively decided that not playing Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue, Lennon and whoever else is the issue because it is literally impossible to prove otherwise.

Don't disagree with you on Stambouli and Dembele. But do me a favor with Kaboul, Adebayor, Vlad, Capoue, and Lennon. They are shocking bunch who are quite clearly not a part of the future and almost certainly are malcontents behind the scenes.

tumblr_mf1gktYi4n1rhcw09o1_500.gif

.....well, the game on Sunday just took on a bit more importance. 5th is ultimately better than 7th and could mean 4 less games at the start of the season in qualifiers.

Agreed, while a lot of us are fed up with Europa, Eriksen is right in saying that it helps attract players. Also, fifth in Pochettino's first season is a pretty decent selling point to potential transfer targets especially considering how weird our year has been. It would really be excellent if we could grab the 5th spot.

Back
Top Bottom