Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters
What is not professional about wearing the club sporting attire? What about assistants and the other coaches then? Should Tony Parkes have to wear a club suit aswell? It's just bollocks mate I'm sorry.

There is more than one way to skin a cat and there is more than one way to be a football manager (and as Tim said, more than one way to win football matches).

As soon as a bloke stands up there in a club tracksuit with a normal accent and plays 442 people just can't take him seriously because he hasn't come from some exotic European location, doesn't play the trendy 451/433 and doesn't spout inflated bullshit to the press as if every comment is a grand insight into the game of football. People find it all to simplistic. People like to think football is this grand and complicated game and can't be simplified by a man from Borehamwood. It's the very same reason Harry Redknapp wasn't given the England's manager job.

I am not against foreign managers, managers wearing suits, or managers playing the 451/433 formation - but I do not buy into the snobbery that persists right up to the highest level in English football at the moment that stops talented managers getting their chances because their face doesn't fit the brand image and profile.

As I am writing this I am watching Chris Hughton on MOTD come across as a totally bland and uninspiring robot in his club suit and tie. All very professional, prim and proper - but not the kind of bloke I'd want in the dressing room to gee up the players before a big game at Old Trafford.
absolutely spot on, I owe you a beer

Screen_Shot_2014_01_02_at_00_46_38.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm fucking ecstatic we best the Mancs, it's made my festive period, but I can't help but feel the emotion and feeling was more in the 3-2 last year. Is this a sign that we've grown as a club since last season? I think it is as winning at OT before last year seemed well out of the question.

Anyway, just what we needed before playing them cunts from Woolwich.
Last year meant more because it was against Fergie, first time for a longtime, and they finished champions. But both are great wins and there is no doubt that we have had a great festive period.

Cant wait for Vlad and Super Jan to play together in their righful positions. They are our best CBs.

My only concern here is neither are particularly vocal guys, which is a major asset from the CB position. But tangibly speaking in the terms of talent, yes you are right.

Tactically Sherwood outsmarted Moyes, he also has done a great job instilling our old style back, like in our Champions league year where we contained the likes of Inter and AC Milan whilst catching them on the break with fluid link up play.

This, right here. I supported AVB but have to say that when he came on, our break out play went tits up. Since Sherwood has come on, we are that dangerous on the break team from the CL year and more.

What has also made a welcome return are the penetrating through balls to Lennon in the final third. God how I missed those. :gomes: I always thought it was because we lost Modric and his string pulling ability, but that is clearly not the case. Lennon must be busting through at least a half dozen times each match these last few weeks.

It's fucking glorious.:walker-scream:

Had the score spoiled for me before I was able to watch a replay stream. After watching the game, I'm not even mad that it was spoiled, I would have had a heart attack by the end of it. :gomes:

Absolutely amazing nothing when in for them considering the immense amount of pressure.

Awesome win and we are climbing the table. Hope Ade is okay for Saturday. :adeohshit:

What can I say, I have the biggest grin on my face this morning and it's all thanks to spurs. If anyone has deserved this it has to be us.....after what we've been through this season. This is why we love Spurs :)

When I look back at the game itself, I cannot help but attribute our recent drastic improvement to just simply being able to bring back the joy of the game. The ability to play football with less rigidity and most importantly a smile has been key to our recent resurgence after AVB's departure.... Undoubtedly we have a set of players who are only at their best when they feel appreciated and happy (Adebayor being a great example of this!). This only reinforces the fact that we should support the team through thick and thin and build WHL as the fortress it is.

Tactically, I always felt we had a good chance in this game. Man Utd are not particularly good at the moment and I always trust Lennon to rip Evra a new bumhole. I was particularly pleased with Daws, Chiriches, Lennon, Eriksen, and Adebayor.

By the way what's up with Adebayor's new salute thing?? I was at the WBA game and he did to us in west lower at least twice throughout the game... I love him, such a maverick! I reckon we should all do that with him next time he scores.... Lets make it a thing.

Back
Top Bottom