Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny boy has been very mediocre in the premier league and his best performances have been as a impact player from the bench . when he has started he has been frustrating .
I pray he steps up but if everybodys fit I wouldn't play him as a premier starter .
( a great performance today )
Sonny or vj? It is a tricky one.
Sonny would be the safer bet. But I still think vj can be useful.

I know what's happened to Kane is deeply worrying, but am I the only one who feels like this was one of the most pleasing results of the season? The Son hattrick, and Janssen finally breaking into the goals. I just have proper good feels today.

I fancy our chances against Woolwich whether semis or final. I think we'd come through against any of the others too but the other teams are harder opponents. I hope Utd go out tomorrow as they are the only team who's manager has got his tactics right against us and effectively nullified us. I think both Chelsea and City will feel nervous about playing us as they know we can comfortably beat them.

It's more the venue that will beat us rather then the opposition. Let's hope that changes.

Son has done well, yes. But less not forget this is league one opposition. Worse than Boro defensively ffs.
Son has scored against Stoke A 2, Boro 2, Swansea H 1, Southampton A1 and Man City A 1 in the league.
He started the first 3 and played alongside Kane in 2 didn't he? He also came on at City and Saints playing with Kane.
I ain't a melt. But that's not really a back up for Kane.
I hope he and everyone else can step up if Kane is missing for 4 or more weeks.
But when we didn't have Kane for those 7 weeks the general consensus was we missed Kane desperately.

Last edited:
I know what's happened to Kane is deeply worrying, but am I the only one who feels like this was one of the most pleasing results of the season? The Son hattrick, and Janssen finally breaking into the goals. I just have proper good feels today.
I think we have moved into new territory today and I am confident that we can win at Wembley and win well even without Harry!

How can we not be damaged by not having Kane playing .
Arguably and statically the best striker in the league .
He makes such a difference that we have no solution that will not impact on the first 11.
Hopefully he will be back very quickly .

Does my head in - some on here, expecting a 'Spursy' performance and talking it up as there could be a possible upset. Now its over, the same people are telling me and everyone else, how brilliant we are. WTF?

We are a very good side and todays result reflects that. Yes the Semi against a PL team will be much harder. For me, Utd are the easier option as they have EL football and may play midweek around the Semi weekend. Then i would want Woolwich in the final, see Wenger off good and proper.

As for todays result .......
giphy.gif

:coys:

It felt like he was going to get one today as he was on for long enough and we were in full flow. Can't believe he missed that header afterward mind. Really hope he can kick on now as he will surely get some more minutes with Kane being out for at least a few weeks.

He got the first bit of the header right- head it downwards. But the rest of it was a bit shit really. I think he was a tad over excited. We can give him that fuck up though, cos his goal was actually a very well taken shot.

Son & alli playing off vj might work.
At his worst, vj is still a handful & occupies defenders.
He can flick it on or hold it up & lay it off to the likes of alli & son who can make runs from deep..

Back
Top Bottom