Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t understand this. If Rennes can’t pick a date, then surely they forfeit the game and we win 3-0 resulting in us go through ? Fuck those Dutch cunts Vitesse, bunch of thugs. That being said, I’m not fussed either way. If we go out, then I’m happy with that too.

I think Rennes should forfeit because they have refused to reschedule the game. It was the only option to postpone it was dangerous for the Rennes squad to play the game. But at the end of the day UEFA need to go because they created a pointless competition which no big club wants to be in and at the same time devalued the Europa League. Their was no need for a third tier competition it was just so they could air more matches.

Don’t understand this. If Rennes can’t pick a date, then surely they forfeit the game and we win 3-0 resulting in us go through ? Fuck those Dutch cunts Vitesse, bunch of thugs. That being said, I’m not fussed either way. If we go out, then I’m happy with that too.

Their argument would be it shouldn't be down to them to find a new date in their schedule when they originally fulfilled the obligation of turning up in London on Thursday so why should they go out of their way to reschedule a match which was postponed which had nothing to do with them which is fair.

Best thing for us anyway, would have been nice to boiled more piss and potentially pick up a trophy but now we have a bit more breathing space in the schedule.

Their argument would be it shouldn't be down to them to find a new date in their schedule when they originally fulfilled the obligation of turning up in London on Thursday so why should they go out of their way to reschedule a match which was postponed which had nothing to do with them which is fair.

Best thing for us anyway, would have been nice to boiled more piss and potentially pick up a trophy but now we have a bit more breathing space in the schedule.

That’s true. I’m not fussed and quiet happy for us to go out.

Don’t give a shit.

If not having to play in this comp gives us a better chance of finishing in the Top 4 then I’m all for it. Nothing quite like Champions League football.

Genuinely feel that Conte is the guy to bring us back to where we feel we should be. Hopefully he’s given the thumbs up to being in a player or two in January.

OK, rules is rules.
But common and commercial sense should make UEFA think again.
Two possible massive games against Celtic could really raise the profile of the competition.
And of course all the media chatter ensuing would keep the ECL in the public eye.

OK rules is rules.
Two possible massive games against Celtic could really raise the profile of the competition.
And of course all the media chatter ensuing would keep the ECL in the public eye.
Indeed.

If it goes against us (as expected) then I'll be rooting for whoever they play next. Cunts.

OK, rules is rules.
Was thinking the same: surely UEFA want the ‘biggest’ teams they can in it to make anyone care to watch it. (Whether we’d have gone through is up for debate but in principle).

They have to stick by their own rules, but then why set the group stage deadline when other leagues are on winter break and the Prem is rammed with fixtures? Usual UEFA incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom