Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you tell me what this post is a link to? Instagram/Twitter/ etc??? All I'm seeing is empty space, so my browser's clearly blocking something. It's started happening recently, with several posts from different people, so I clearly need to change a setting, but until I know what's missing...

Can you tell me what this post is a link to? Instagram/Twitter/ etc??? All I'm seeing is empty space, so my browser's clearly blocking something. It's started happening recently, with several posts from different people, so I clearly need to change a setting, but until I know what's missing...
It's Twitter. Same thing happened to me this week, it was the DuckDuckGo privacy add-on that was the culprit.

Since Rennes are being massive cunts we should honestly just play a one off game against vitesse to decide who goes through.

Would be fairer than a forfeit for either team
Yes, and play the game in Rennes. The have a 30K capacity stadium. Say 12K tickets to both Spurs and Vitesse. Would be a great away day.

Roughly translated - Levy doing everything not to miss out on at least 2 more gate receipts

Since Rennes are being massive cunts we should honestly just play a one off game against vitesse to decide who goes through.

Would be fairer than a forfeit for either team

Vitesse would argue they have have been hard done by playing us 3 times, two of which away. Whereas we got "away" with only playing the group winners once.

Maybe it's like a lot of Levy's aborted transfers.
IE, make an offer for a player you know you can't sign to show intent, but know you won't have to go with it.

Sorry - we tried, but it was difficult.

Asking for Leicester to be postponed so we could play Rennes instead, may have been a calculated move, knowing it would be rejected, but to put EUFA on the back foot?

Harder for them to boot us out, if we've been seen to try every avenue to get the game played?

Roughly translated - Levy doing everything not to miss out on at least 2 more gate receipts

I mean, can you dig yourself in much more?

Yeh sure..... How about someone on the internet spinning our desire to get through to the next round of a competition (rather than getting kicked out due to some shit formality) into some form of anti-chairman agenda?

How about digging that deep? :harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom