Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve got a horrible feeling this lot are already on the beach. They should be playing for pride and busting a gut trying to get 4th or 5th, but I don’t think they’ve got it in them. I reckon 5-8 points from the last five matches if we’re lucky.
will any of them be playing for Euro selection?

eXQYfWD.png

Subs: Hart, Sanchez, Aurier, Højbjerg, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Lucas, Vinícius

A brief spell in 2019 is not enough.

He looks physically shot. Literally like an old man struggling to keep up with his kids in the garden.

Slow, weak, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't control the ball. He's just not a good player these days. I think he can work in a very specific system (running onto long balls behind the defence) which we no longer play but other than that he's just a waste of a shirt now.

Ndombele has shown far more in the 10 role - at least he can keep possession and make accurate passes Lamela gives us energy when on the pitch and has actually been okay this season imo. Lo Celso has been disappointing but this is mostly down to injury. I still think there is a quality player in there. You can tell even when he's off form that physically and technically he is so far ahead of Dele.
Sums up our season really when Coco has been amongst our best. Love the busy bastard but he's mostly injured although he does give us a nasty edge which I enjoy...at least he looks like he gives a shit.

Our upcoming games are winnable if we can find some stability at the back and freedom up front. Stick with a core set of players and try to win a few games that really shouldn’t be a problem for this squad.

:mourfacepalm: :pochshock:

Lloris
Aurier Dier Alderweireld Reguilon
NDombele Hojbjerg
Son Lucas Bale
Kane

Subs: Lo C, Lamela and Vinny
Tbh the midfield keeps fucking us over.
Here's a radical idea: play son or Vinny or bale up front and put Kane OUR MOST SKIKLFUL AND CREATIVE PLAYER in midfield to supply them....he's got a wand of a right foot and can spray passes all over the fucking place. If the issue is supply to the striker then out Kane in there and they'll have a field day....
He doesn't have to chase or tackle, just want the ball and use it well.

will any of them be playing for Euro selection?
I doubt it. Anyone who’s likely to be picked know they’re already in and won’t want to get injured. Winks, Sissoko, etc. would need to turn into Pele in the next month to have a chance. Bale could play golf every day and he’d still be a guaranteed starter.

eXQYfWD.png

Subs: Hart, Sanchez, Aurier, Højbjerg, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Lucas, Vinícius
I'm surprised we haven't experimented more with the back 3 this season. Reguilon, Aurier and Doherty are all arguably better suited for the wingback role. And Aurier, Tanganga or Davies could be used for if we need to play a more traditional back 4. And Ben can also fill in in the back 3 like he does for Wales if need be.

If winks starts this game I'm not even going to bother watching as it will tell you everything you need to know. I'm not mason out but if he picks his mate again he can get fucked because that's not a decision that's based on what's best for the club.

....if memory serves, didn't SISSOKO play a blinder that day, and scored twice for them?

That was his Ruel Fox moment!!
He certainly dived for their penalty and the ref bought it

Our performance that day was a disgrace!

One of our worst ever imv and as I’ve been a fan for 60 years there’s stiff opposition!

If the players have any bollocks about them at all they go all out to win these next 5 games and by some miracle get top 4.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reguilon
Hojberg Lo Celso
Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son​

I wouldn’t risk Kane just yet
I don’t think Sonny’s mind set is right atm
Aurier is always an accident waiting to happen and I prefer Tanganga even though it’s not his preferred position

Otherwise a decent side even with Lo Celso who was showing a few decent touches on Sunday before being hauled off

But at the start of Jose's time, he was on fire. Remeber the whole "Dele's brother" thing? Then Jose decided to bin him after one half of football against Everton, where he wasn't the worst player and the team actually played worse after he was subbed.

I'm not saying Dele is the solution to our problems. And he may be finished here. But he did more in that breif period at the start of Jose's reign than any of the other players we have who play the same position. If we had a bunch of attacking midfielders just tearing it up, then I'd agree he shouldn't get a look in. But if Dele was given 90 mins week in, week out, I can't honestly say he'd do any worse than the likes of N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Lamela etc. These players have been average for us, despite people hoping they are more. They haven't really performed.
Dele is a bigger risk than the three you mentioned IMO

I doubt it. Anyone who’s likely to be picked know they’re already in and won’t want to get injured. Winks, Sissoko, etc. would need to turn into Pele in the next month to have a chance. Bale could play golf every day and he’d still be a guaranteed starter.
Sissoko been in all french squads 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom