Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the fuck don't we have a song for Sandro?
A colossal force of nature,
Built to destruct and destroy,
He’ll crush you in an instant,
In a battle of beast versus boy,​
Chasing down all,
He’ll leave you battered and bruised,
The gargantuan man from Brazil,
Proudly standing accused,​
Stand up and be counted,
Responsibility he shan’t shirk
Stalking in the shadows,
The beast he does lurk,​
Hassle and harry,
Pester and cajole,
Passionate physicality,
Football show stole,​
Heart worn on arm,
Blood and sweat shed,
If he misses with foot,
He’ll get you with his head,​
All action fight and battle,
Distinct love for the shirt,
He’ll run until he’s sick,
Body battered and hurt,​
Wilshere and Terry,
Light work for the beast,
Both chav’s and racists,
He does love to feast,​
If you’re not lilywhite,
And he sees you about,
He’ll swallow you whole,
Chew you up and spit you out,​
A monster of magnitude,
That seeks danger to dispel,
Countless victims dispossessed,
Bodies left rendered a shell,​
Colour blue or colour red,
He hunts the immoral,
You shall not escape,
If with this beast you do quarrel,​
If you manage to slip him,
Utmost respect due,
But beware in the tunnel,
For the samba kung fu,​
An explosive football powerhouse,
That will continue to grow,
He’s coming to get you,
His name is Sandro.​

Really am not swayed by the hate thrown at Adebayor. 21/23 passing today, but his aerial ability (again) in the box was poor. Still, I do think Mignolet deserves credit for both "sitters" Ade missed. I haven't looked at the first one again, but it looked like a terribly clumsy position in the first place. And for the second, Mignolet kicked out his leg for the save—precisely what you'd expect from a good goalkeeper, the type who'd shut out Man City, say.

He's been good at distributing the ball, I think, but we just remember the lack of goals. Perspective, folks.

The thing about Adebayor is that there is such a small chance of us replacing him with someone better. Sure he is out of form but we've continually been blocked from going after top strikers due to price and wages. Do people really believe there is a better realistic option out there.

Plus, hasn't it been proved time and time again that form is temporary? People forget so quickly how good Ade was last year. Overall, it is counterproductive to give up on Ade when there is such a minimal chance of a better replacement. Nonsensical really.

Today I've come to the conclusion that with just 4.8% projected growth, 3 full fledged civil wars, and 16 landlocked countries, I won't be investing in Africa.

Cool Adboards though.
A little googling reveals it to be not so much "invest in Africa" as "invest in an Irish oil exploration company headquartered in London and currently trying to avoid paying VAT in Uganda". Nice.

Gotta say outside of Adebayor I thought we looked really good today. Disappointed that Defoe couldn't finish off the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his season's form. Lennon was class, Bale was class, Lloris looking like the world class keeper we were expecting. Naughton was also very impressive on his weak side, and I am starting to think that if we ever get Benny back he should be given a go at RB.

Performance-wise I've gotta say it's the most convincing we've looked for quite some time. Things are slowly going our way and the results speak for themselves. Monsters away from home!

Regarding Bale, he definitely dives. There is no doubt about that. He says he does it because of the speed he is travelling at and to break his fall to prevent injury.

However, there is also no doubt there was a foul before he went down today. He was booked for appealing for that foul as the ref thought Bale was conning him with simulation of the foul.

I have seen Bale dive plenty of times in the past and refs not book him because he didn't actually appeal for a foul and knew there wasn't enough contact or any contact at all (e.g. vs Guzan).

The ref had his card out before Bale had got up off the deck, he couldn't wait to book him - he didn't even consult his linesman to get their opinion.......which on such a big call in the match is ridiculous.

The reaction of the Sunderland defender should have given him some indication as well, he went over to lend his hand to help him up......if he thought Bale was cheating there is no way he'd react like that.

We've got Gallas who is too old to play two games in a week and Caulker who is too inexperienced to play every game.

He's split up his strongest two and weakest two, it's a calculated risk.

Back
Top Bottom