Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wait for him to blow another hundred mill on a group of twenty year old's.

He's brought in Micky, Vic, Dragusin and was gifted Udogie.

Why do we have the worst defence in the top six?

How many more defenders does he want to spend money on before he realizes that his suicidal tactics are not working.

Doe she think we play Falkirk or Queen Of The South every fucking game?

I'm through with this smarmy Aussie halfwit, mate.
Because we don't defend, our keeper is weak on corners (although is questionably fouled every time) and we lack a DM to shield the defence.

And we don't prepare our tactics for the opponents; we just run at their 18 yard line repeatedly and then pass it backwards.

It's his way.

I can't understand why people slag Son. He's never, in my opinion, been a good No 9. Even when Jose and Conté played him up front, he used to play deeper so that he had a run on to the ball.

He cannot control the ball in close quarters. He cannot hold off players and he cannot play on the last man. His poor form is on Ange.

What he is good at is running on to the ball and playing around players. He is good at running into a gap and he is good at playing short passes with players while at speed.

Problem is he is losing his pace to play wide. Hence if he cannot convert to a 9 then we have issues. At best in 1-2 seasons he might end up a bit part player.

Basic coaching would help..you've got two fantastic centre half's that are almost irrelevant at set prices because of zonal marking...it's not fucking rocket science.
Correct. Have smaller guys marking the zones if you’re going to do zonal marking and our big aggressive players pick up their biggest that are attacking the ball. Fucking Sonny and Johnson picking up their big players is bonkers.

Against Saka? Let him cross.

I agree it would still be the better option, but the greater point is that its just a mismatch as Davies isn't particularly quick. He's a good defender in more controlled situations, but the majority of the time Saka is going to get the better of him in that situation.

Problem is he is losing his pace to play wide. Hence if he cannot convert to a 9 then we have issues. At best in 1-2 seasons he might end up a bit part player.

I think it's now, sadly, at least in the context of Spurs and the players we need if we are going to stick with Ange. Cannot hold it against Sonny, but time is kind on no one and his game has relied heavily on pace.

They weren't impressive by any stretch, but we were woeful, no clue on the ball, no clue off it, no clue in defence, no clue up top...

This side is less than the sum of it's parts and I'm sorry but that can only come down to coaching.

Having a philosophy sounds great, but refusing to admit it doesn't work is arrogant and stupid.

If Ange won't work on it and the excuse people are coming out with now is he needs more/better players in the TW then how is he any better than Conte or Mourinho??

If what we're seeing on the pitch is what he's coaching them then he's at fault, if it's not what he's coaching them then it's his fault for allowing it. We've been seeing the same shit for months now. We were better when we had the injuries.
That first ten games has really skewed our season.

We're playing now how I thought we'd play at the start after losing our star player and talisman and getting a new manager.

But after those ten games, it's been pretty mediocre performances all round with no real sign of improvement.

If we'd have had a shit start and then in the last ten games played like we played in the first ten games then everyone would be hailing the season as a great success.

But at the moment, it just feels like groundhog day.

Getting rid of Ange would be daft, you’re going to have teething problems with every manager.

There are issues that Ange needs to sort (set pieces!) but a lot of it is down to recruitment and that’s on the board to back him

Ange has his faults for sure but it would be madness to start over again with another manager at the moment.

Yeah I think Son is going to be a major dividing topic next season in this fanbase, especially if he is moved back to LW. He’s not good enough there anymore, and doesnt take on players which is what Ange’s system needs

He is fine at CF against most teams in the league. The specific teams that are very good and comfortable at sitting back are the games where he shouldn’t play there. Recently we have played these teams (Newcastle, Fulham, Woolwich, Wolves etc) which is skewing the fanbase’s opinions right now I’m sure

Back
Top Bottom