Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for that - remember watching that video the time it was posted on YouTube all those years ago. Great memories!

This one too

View: https://youtu.be/pA4n2oe5HfY?si=j_ZMYRwfaYXWyf0a

Arrrghhh.... Past season montages... Why didn't we win the league that year? We were fucking AWESOME according to that!

People can do all the "feeling" they want, I suppose.

I've got nothing against people wanting to do the fuck-reality-we're-gonna-do-this! thing for this game.

But I think it's actually unfair, because it's confected expectation; not balanced, in the circumstances (recent form, squad deficiencies, no udogie etc.).

And, as I expect, when we keep handing a technically sound, free-scoring team the ball in midfield and letting them run through our high, thin defences all day whilst fiddling about with the ball and refusing to shoot unless it's a tap-in from 2 yards, at the other end, not to mention dodgy zonal marking at corners, the result will be the obvious one.

The one the odds suggest.

Those that have pumped themselves up are gonna be raging at this and that.

Brushing aside that it was never really on the cards... really.

Again, the only thing I'll be fucked off about is if they don't play like their hair is on fire.

Proper nasty, spiteful, relentless pressing, relentless tempo (+ crowd needs to go mental all game).

I just think this game is horrible timing, when we've got so many things to sort out and form is off.

Just one of those things.

*If we do somehow manage to draw/win, I shall post pics of my very large cock in celebration (balls included).
You should do the pre match team talk....

Inspirational words!!!!

Best NLD win by far was in 91 semi. Tbh my finest hour as a supporter. Hard to beat that. We owe them twice winning the league at their ground. That would be magical. Sunday we beat them and fuck up their title bid will be chuffed with that.

Best NLD win by far was in 91 semi. Tbh my finest hour as a supporter. Hard to beat that. We owe them twice winning the league at their ground. That would be magical. Sunday we beat them and fuck up their title bid will be chuffed with that.
Draw deflates them if City win tonight. Will be 2 points lead with city having 2 games in hand. Gives City a nice buffer and they probably win straight after vs Forest and jump above them (and still have an extra game)

Can we just for once have a day where everything goes right and the ref is fair? Lets see some of that early days football we played at the start of the season!
I wouldn't say its been a shit season as 5th would have exceeded all our expectations at the start of the season , but 5th and putting them cunts in their place and also ending their title dreams would be fucking awesome! We all know if it was the other way round they would go to war to stop us winning anything - lets see the same fight from our lot! Fuck these nomad cunts!

If Royal was playing id be veey concerned for Sunday. Mind you a lot of the team need to raise their game. Son has had a nice break so expect him to score. Need to watch that cheating cunt gabriel jesus. Munich did a job on saka on odegaard as well.

Not everyone can afford elite CBs like Eric Dier in their squads though.

Yeah we need to fucking kick the shit out of him and Odourguard very early in the game. Put the pressure on the officials not to ruin Skys big game.

We have to be smart about it. Make sure it’s not the same players but everyone has a nibble and then make the absolute most out of every retaliation. We are at home, milk it.

If the ref helps because they are little babies then that’s no different to what they’ve had all season anyway and it is what it is. We usually get fucked over by the refs, what’s the difference?
hahaha, that made me chuckle.

Can we just for once have a day where everything goes right and the ref is fair? Lets see some of that early days football we played at the start of the season!
I wouldn't say its been a shit season as 5th would have exceeded all our expectations at the start of the season , but 5th and putting them cunts in their place and also ending their title dreams would be fucking awesome! We all know if it was the other way round they would go to war to stop us winning anything - lets see the same fight from our lot! Fuck these nomad cunts!
Exactly this. Every time against these fuckers we’ll give away a pen, score an own goal, have one or two sent off, sometimes all in the same match! Please this time just do the 90+ minutes without a major cock-up. If they beat us fair and square then we’ll have to hold our hands up, but just don’t give them a helping hand.

Last edited:
It's all setting up for a hostile atmosphere, best of the season.

Only for Woolwich to score within 5 minutes to silence it all.

Hope we kick the shit out of them tbh
Well if we start the way we normally do sleep walking they will be all over us like a rash! Ange needs to instill some passion and fire into the players from the off. If we come out tame and passive like we normally do then I’m sorry but Ange doesn’t get it.

Thinh
Fine.

But what I can see happening is people going too far with the gas and if/when we collapse - against a very good, well-oiled, properly functioning team (around the top of the table for a reason), let's just be real - they'll be all AnGe OuT, and it will be nonsense and tiresome.

That's what's gonna happen, mate.

We're a team on our way somewhere, on a bumpy road.

And our vehicle is a bit janky and the wheels a bit wobbly and unstable.

Need better parts and have to give our chief mechanic time to work on it and get it purring.

All I'm saying is don't go over the top on this game.
thing is that is what everyone wants to believe. However the evidence of last 4 months would suggest otherwise. There is no reason to think next season will be better. Why would a few signings make a diff to the stupid high line we play which offers nothing in attack?

Well if we start the way we normally do sleep walking they will be all over us like a rash! Ange needs to instill some passion and fire into the players from the off. If we come out tame and passive like we normally do then I’m sorry but Ange doesn’t get it.

You think Ange, who's managed in a much fiercer derby than this one wouldn't get it and it's importance? 😂

If we don't come flying out the blocks, I imagine Ange will be as disappointed as you and I

You think Ange, who's managed in a much fiercer derby than this one wouldn't get it and it's importance? 😂

If we don't come flying out the blocks, I imagine Ange will be as disappointed as you and I
When you say fiercer do you mean the Glasgow derby? Rangers were in free fall when he played them and if you think 4 games v them shows his talent at managing a game like ours then I don’t know!

Back
Top Bottom