Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To boot has he shown the importance of any game recently? We had great opportunity to make 4th ours but turned out such limp wristed performances. Hardly inspiring for the games ahead.

When you say fiercer do you mean the Glasgow derby? Rangers were in free fall when he played them and if you think 4 games v them shows his talent at managing a game like ours then I don’t know!

Form means naff all in a derby and yes I meant the Glasgow derby.

If the players aren't up for a North London Derby when the outcome could be Woolwich being further favourites for a title. That's on the players. And that itself is worrying.

I've already said that if he could, I reckon Ange would have no problem getting rid of 3/4s of the squad based on what he's seen so far this season.

Sunday will either prove me wrong or right on that.

If the players aren't up for a North London Derby when the outcome could be Woolwich being further favourites for a title. That's on the players. And that itself is worrying.

I've already said that if he could, I reckon Ange would have no problem getting rid of 3/4s of the squad based on what he's seen so far this season.

How could Sunday prove you right or wrong about if the players aren't up for it or indeed are? Or that Ange would get rid of 3/4s of the squad if he could?

Last edited:
Thinh

thing is that is what everyone wants to believe. However the evidence of last 4 months would suggest otherwise. There is no reason to think next season will be better. Why would a few signings make a diff to the stupid high line we play which offers nothing in attack?
Why I'm fixated on us bringing in the right sort of player profile in the summer.

You can get away with the line as long as the system is populated properly with technically adept players.

Ange needs two more summer windows to fill the squad sufficiently, imo..

If I hear we're still after players like Gallagher, though, I shall be very concerned.

Last edited:

It’s up to Ange get them up for it surely? That is part of the managers role. If he has a role at half time in our ganes then surely he has two weeks to get them ready and prepared for NLD. I’m sick and tired of the BS exscuses people keep making g for Ange. His not a novice as some people keep pointing out. His had 20 plus years as a manager no excuse!

Why I'm fixated on us bringing in the right sort of player profile in the summer.

You can get away with the line as long as the system is populated properly with technically adept players.

If I hear we're still after players like Gallagher, though, I shall be very concerned.
Well that is on Ange re Gallagher!

Yup.

Up to him to decide when to admit this isn't Scotland and put some respek on the Prem's name.
Well I’m not too pleased on him to admit this is not the SPL and giving respect to the epl! Who does he think he is? He has no proven record in top level football and should show some humility.

If we don’t go over the top on this game then fucking when can we?
Get the vibe pipe out if you want, fella; by all means.

I just don't think it's fair on our situation to load mega hopes on this game, then batter ange and the players for not suddenly being magical - after recently being shit - in a system that isn't fully formed in us, yet; against an free-scoring, well developed team that doesn't concede (in the prem).

We'll all be super-willing us to take points off them, of course.

My point is to do with considered expectation.

Well I’m not too pleased on him to admit this is not the SPL and giving respect to the epl! Who does he think he is? He has no proven record in top level football and should show some humility.
Certainly needs to acknowledge the unique dynamics of this league.

And appreciate that for his system to be successful here, he needs to go further with players who can bring a high level of precision..

It’s up to Ange get them up for it surely? That is part of the managers role. If he has a role at half time in our ganes then surely he has two weeks to get them ready and prepared for NLD. I’m sick and tired of the BS exscuses people keep making g for Ange. His not a novice as some people keep pointing out. His had 20 plus years as a manager no excuse!

You don't think he will?

The guy heralded as one of the best man motivators around?

😂😂

I think all the evidence points to this group of players if they can't get themselves up for an important NLD.

It's all the same tosh I heard in Pochettino's first season.

"Things need to change"
"He needs to get right soon or he's off"
"How long do we give him?"

It took Pochettino 15 months, a season of weeding out the players who didn't suit and three transfer windows to start getting it to click into gear.

This whole first season was to get the team to buy into his ideas and the system. By the summer he'll know who's got it and who hasn't and that's when we'll be tactically more astute.

Last edited:
Than the penalties given for and not against.

The scriptwriters working overtime for them this year
Yep and forgot to mention the Europa standard CL group they got , ridiculously weak , enabling them to take off key players and rotate more ,normally after 60 minutes and qualifying after four games.
Also noticed the perfect gaps between games and they virtually threw both domestic cup competitions. City and the scousers have had a brutal run of fixtures and huge injury problems , especially the bin dippers which I think is now finally taking its toll.
I haven't even started on the lucky wins and draws at home to City and away to the scousers ( the blatant odegaard penalty)and some of the diving and falling over at the slightest whiff of a breeze , Jesus , Saka and Martinelli I'm looking at you.
Any physical engagement with them on Sunday and we are in trouble , meanwhile Son and Madders will be getting assaulted by Saliba and Gabriel without any recompense.
This could be a very frustrating game to watch.

Back
Top Bottom