TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're going to park the bus so i'd go with

hugo
Dier Sanchez Jan
Trippier Winks Davies
Dele Eriksen
Kane Llorente

having both Kane and Llorente in the box to receive the crosses by Trippier, Davies, and Eriksen could break them down

I think Poch will start one back from the Dortmund game...Rose if he can do it on short rest, Aurier if he can’t. Aurier and Rose are more dynamic, so we should split them up going forward - Rose with Trips, Davies with Aurier. Gives our team more balance, in my opinion.
Just out of sheer curiosity I’d like to see us replace whoever starts at FB with his competitor in that spot at half time. Assuming we have no injuries or tired players, most of our destructive play comes from our fullbacks. To swap them over at,say, half time & give the oppo a real mauling down the flanks for a full 90 minutes would be potentially a great spectacle.

But would probably turn out shit.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Dier Verts Davies
Winks Sissoko
Eriksen Alli
Kane

Could go balls out with Son rather than Sissoko and have three behind Kane and only Winks in the middle.

Chadli is out with a hamstring injury and they really have very little to offer offensively, but they will probably attempt to hit us over the top with target man Rondon and Rodriguez and this has almost caught us out before, so could do with a bit of physicality to ensure we win those second balls.

As Owen Hargreaves said on BT Sport's commentary last night, Wembley suits us for the big occasion, but we struggle to grind out the victories against the lesser teams. We'll find a way though, probably going to be another 1-0.

Thought Hargreaves was an improvement on the commentary team

:harryhmm:

I'm in no mood for Charity or "Spursiness" in this one... a win... a convincing win... no mercy.
Go all out, full strength and let's IMPOSE ourselves on this fucking League!

Time to put a real Wembley statement down in the Premier League. I mean we smashed Liverpool there but I mean they don't count to the footballing Gods of punditry. It's the small clubs we have to smash. Until we go up against the top 6 away where we need to smash them too. So basically we have to win every game.

They're going to park the bus so i'd go with

hugo
Dier Sanchez Jan
Trippier Winks Davies
Dele Eriksen
Kane Llorente

having both Kane and Llorente in the box to receive the crosses by Trippier, Davies, and Eriksen could break them down
They have pretty tall defenders so they could also handle all those crosses coming in. We need more than that.

Not a good idea, we'll fall into the trap of condensing the play into the middle of the pitch and having no width. Pulis will be happy.

Nope ... the WBA defensive tactic is playing 4 CB's and let as many crosses come into the box as you like ... they defend incredibly deep knowing they have one of the strongest ariel defences in the league ....

Look at their heat map .... feckin' camped in their own box .... hardly a FB in sight ....

C_pxsniWsAAUsgb.jpg

We will need to beat them playing through them on the ground .... or by scoring from 25 yards (which is our strength) getting 'down the wing' and crossing to their four 6' plus CB's? not much joy to be had there .....

As always in these games an early goal will change everything .... however patience may well be needed ...

Back
Top Bottom