TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're not bothered about going into the new stadium with CL games, then yeah, don't be too down about it.
The top 4 out of the usual 6 will change a lot season to season. We will miss out on it soon I'm afraid as we have the worst resources. Most of you on here were happy not to invest this summer but are now complaining if we don't achieve top 4. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Come on, just cos he put in one cross doesn't mean he had a good game. Eriksen was the most woeful for me.
I was arguing with my own post, I need to sort my replying out!! I think Ali is not playing brilliantly but I think he still rocks up with a goal/assist in every game. He is fustrating at times but will only get better, I just don't know why some folk are so keen to jump on our own players and give them shit. They may have bad games but over the last two years I've not seen a single player chuck the towel in, trying things that don't come off yes, but not giving a shit no. Obviously I would have liked a better result today but c'mon we are doing pretty good at the minute.

If they don't commit men forward, you can't counter because there are no spaces to exploit.

Err... except there are no spaces to exploit the way we are playing against these teams anyway. Add to that because we commit too many men forward they scored after 4 minutes, and had a clear-cut chance at the end of the game to win it as well. It doesn't matter how they set up. If we set up defensively to counter they can't break on us. If we give them more of the ball they will make more mistakes regardless of where they are on the pitch or where we are pressing them. They aren't going to make any if we let them do their own game plan.

Going to be a really tight race for top 4 this season, at least we have 'easy' fixtures coming up in our busy schedule with only City the absolute tough one. Can rest all our key players against APOEL too thankfully.

Llorente is incredibly disappointing. Lamela can’t come back soon enough

Amazing that he has had so little impact.

Not putting my hat on Lamela. Not sure why he would be any better than what we have.

I just think we are slightly overhyped and undercooked.

And if anything we massively miss Wanyama.

In January we will have another debate on acquiring a striker and attacking options with the same old crew talking it down.

Healthy competition and freshness is what we need. What all top teams need.

Wembley
Anyone who thought we would have the same home form as last season was expecting too much.

Also the squad isn’t big enough to go full strength in the CL and PL. it wasn’t in the EL, where we invariably had to play Eriksen, Kane or All or all to get a result.
I said before our rivals, City, Man and Woolwich, can all rest players.
We couldn’t rest Kane and Eriksen for a home CL tie and start them against Burnley , at home, in next PL game 3 days later.
Yet City rested Aguero and Bernando for Napoli.
We can only rest our full backs and both atm - Aurier probably as he’s had no pre season, are even able to play 2 games a week.

Then we need to work on that aspect of our game, rather than change our gameplan 90 degrees.

Not really. If we had set-up and played like that against BVB or Liverpool or Madrid at home we would have lost. So it is worth trying to humble ourselves more against United, Woolwich, and West Brom too. Thinking we need to have possession and outplay the opposition in that aspect just to get a result is part of the reason we don't win as much as United, even though we can be a better footballing team to watch.

Back
Top Bottom