Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Romero back we are clearly a lot stronger despite still missing VDV. Richy back gives us options and Sarr back v Newcastle it’s slowly getting better. We have to win tonight. Am i right thinking Newcastle still have lots of injuries?

Yes, but Dubravka is blatantly going to have a worldie on Sunday. Gordon being fit will be key I feel.

ada9cc98b08e63cfe47506406c1c6b92.jpg

sylvester-stallone-fuck-shit-up.gif

12- 0

Based on Ange today, Richy can’t start yet.

Sarr for Newcastle, so there only one decision to make. Gil or Hojberg…

I could see Ange going Gil at home but given how much Wham love a set piece, I’d go with PEH. I’d bring on Gil around 60mins

Yea, I agree... I was hoping for Richie to partner with Son up top, but if he is not ready, he is not ready.

Against such orcs I'd go with PEH.

We were utter shit in 1st half with Gil and much-much improved side with PEH in 2nd half.
Gil will be brushed aside like he is not there against Wet Spam if he starts.

Apparently they have a new song for tonight.

I apologize in advance but it is west ham.

"We'll be running round Tottenham with our European cup, singing we've got a trophy haven't you".
I shit you not.

They actually believe the Papa John's European cup is something to boast about over a club whose won 26 trophies, inc league titles and proper European trophies.

Laughing at their obsession with us is the best thing about this lot.

"We'll be running round Tottenham with our European cup, singing we've got a trophy haven't you".
I shit you not.

They actually believe the Papa John's European cup is something to boast about over a club whose won 26 trophies, inc league titles and proper European trophies.

Let's not pretend we wouldn't take the Papa John's European trophy because we totally would.
I celebrated the Carling Cup like it was the World Cup and it's probably less prestigious than Europe's 3rd trophy if we are being honest about it. It's a debate at the very least.

With how starved of trophies we are I'd probably take the charity shield right now.

They are entitled to gloat about it, and we should be directing our anger at this fucking board for its shameful lack of silverware since taking over.

Yea, I agree... I was hoping for Richie to partner with Son up top, but if he is not ready, he is not ready.

Against such orcs I'd go with PEH.

We were utter shit in 1st half with Gil and much-much improved side with PEH in 2nd half.
Gil will be brushed aside like he is not there against Wet Spam if he starts.

Gil was great for the goal and with some faster decision-making he'd have had an assist to Son. That can be improved by a young player but fully agree for Moyes' kloddhoppers we need some physicality for set pieces and some enforcing.

I shit you not.

What an embarrassing club.

I suspect they'll up their game and resort to kicking anyone who plays well.
Need to somehow balance not rising to it, but not letting the ref ignore it.

Probably ain't going to happen as Cuti is only just available but Dorrington playing wouldn't be a bad idea seeing how physical Spam are (threat from Set pieces).
Not a massive fan PEH but could see him starting because of that.

I shit you not.

Well they have previously sung “champions of Europe”🙄🤣🤣

Previous winners of the Eurovision Song Contest are more famous….

Bucks Fizz>West Ham

Watched a couple of their games recently, whilst results haven’t been disastrous they’re not playing well at all.

Antonio missing is big for them, Moyes really doesn’t know how to operate without him up top or how to build play through the team as opposed to work off the front man. Bowen will start up there, which presents a very different problem but probably one Davies is better suited to than marking Antonio.

We need to press aggressively from the front, without Antonio up top they don’t have an easy outlet and neither JWP or Soucek are particularly comfortable taking the ball to feet under pressure with back to goal. They’re going to give the ball up very easily to a press.

West Ham won’t even pretend to think they can outplay us. Moyes will have seen the Villa game in particular and think they can outsmart us instead.

They will be very deep and very narrow and basically dare us to break them down. That’ll be a challenge; Son is less effective in games with congested space, and we don’t have Madders to unpick the lock, so patience will be key but a goal in the first 20 will really fuck their plan up.

It goes without saying, but we need to be cautious of set pieces. JWP has great delivery and they’re a really big side. This is how they’ll try to nick it.

I feel confident, and the couple of spanners I know are really nervous about tonight. West Ham have some decent players in Pacqueta, Kudus and Bowen but if we choke them from the front they won’t be able to get on the ball.

Going 2-0. COYS

Gil was great for the goal and with some faster decision-making he'd have had an assist to Son. That can be improved by a young player but fully agree for Moyes' kloddhoppers we need some physicality for set pieces and some enforcing.

Agree that it was good thinking and dribble from him. But unfortunately it was his only real positive contribution in the game and we looked much better in 2nd half with PEH playing at his expense.
During that half we managed to score 2 goals also... so... I would not fuck around with more successful lineup.

We can bring Gil on for last 25 minutes or so, when Spam players are more tired and can't get close to him so easily.

Let's not pretend we wouldn't take the Papa John's European trophy because we totally would.
I celebrated the Carling Cup like it was the World Cup and it's probably less prestigious than Europe's 3rd trophy if we are being honest about it. It's a debate at the very least.

With how starved of trophies we are I'd probably take the charity shield right now.

They are entitled to gloat about it, and we should be directing our anger at this fucking board for its shameful lack of silverware since taking over.
The carling cup has man city, Chelsea, man utd, Liverpool etc etc etc. The Papa johns had teams no one has heard of. Far more prestigious than the trophy everyone wants to avoid.

If we did win it, we wouldn't use it to boast against a club that has won 5 times the amount of trophies we've won.

Maybe one of the screens over the south stand should be dedicated to showing us lifting TWENTY SIX trophies, 3 of which were in Europe and more prestigious than the fucking intertwobob cup.

Not really mate. I’m desperate for us to start winning trophies, but hardly going to sing songs about us winning the equivalent of the European Papa Johns trophy. Regardless what people say, it’s a tin pot trophy. Try winning 3 proper European trophies like we have. 8 Fa cups etc etc. Westham have 1 tin pot trophy in 45 years. They have no right to be boasting to us about trophies.

I'd definitely take that trophy, but at the same time I do think there's something to be said for a competition with no Man City, Liverpool, etc being easier to win (if you really go for it) than the League Cup.

Hell, Man City have won the League Cup four of the last six times.

Back
Top Bottom