Tottenham v Anderlecht at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thursday 5th November - Kick off : 8.05pm

tottenham_hotspur_profile.png
V
t241.png

Last time this fixture happened was my favourite ever match, oh what a night !

84UEFA_final_2ndLeg.jpg

Graham_Roberts_2828026b.jpg

83802032-tottenham-goalkeeper-tony-parks-saves-a-gettyimages.jpg

uefa84_instory.jpg

0B78C6D500000578-0-image-a-18_1445516721128.jpg

A-Spurs-Pic.jpg

Last edited:
Vorm
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Mason - Dembele
Townsend - Onomah - Eriksen
N'Jie

3-1​

Vorm
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Mason - Dembele
Townsend - Onomah - Eriksen
N'Jie

3-1​

I like your team mate. I reckon Lloris might play both the next two games though. No problem with Trippier and Davies getting games. Really hope Wimmer gets a game too, I think he's a good player.
Mason needs to get match practise and the likes of Townsend has a lot to show, especially after that reported row with the fitness coach. Onomah would be a delight to see from start.
N'Jie as a starter with Son to get a few minutes?
Are Winks and Carroll fit - in that case I'd want to see them involved, possibly as options from the bench.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireald, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Dier, Onomah, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane][/formation]

If we get a 2-3 goal lead take Kane and Dier off around 70 mins. Still annoys me we can't rest Kane for these type of game.

Full strength against Arse no questions.

Not a chance, not 3 days before Woolwich away.

I understand where you are coming from. But they are playing Beyern tomorrow. IMO coaches overthinking Europe have led to issues. Goals breed confidence.

If Dembele, Kane, Alli etc keep scoring under the lights it breeds confidence. Poch vs the scum in the cup caused turbulence in our season that we have just started to smooth out.

If we want to roll with the big boys, we have to stop fucking around and understand that we have to play more than one game a week, often, if we want to be a top 4 team.

If we put out Carroll, Townsend, Fazio, Njie etc, and Townsend plays a blinder: He will probably face the scum. We keep chopping and changing and I think we need to solidify the lineup.

What message does playing our best team say to the scum? It sends a message that we are not scared. We are fit. We don't cry because of fixture pileups like Wenger.

If we had already qualified, then fair enough. I have a winning mentality. A LONG term winning mentality. European football is NOTHING like the prem. It's probably about as grueling as Poch training sessions.

We need to stop acting the victim. Crying about Son being summoned to International games, Sunday and Monday fixtures etc. We need to embrace this shit.

If we win in Europe and win against the scum, what message will that be? That will tell this squad that we are ready to lift cups and challenge for the prem. A loss or draw on Thursday and a flipped coin on Sunday answers no questions. Two wins and everyone will freak out.

Footballers would rather play than train. Most will tell you that.

A must win game will mean just a few changes from Monday. This season, we always seem to put out a strong/balanced side, thats testament to the squad and Poch. We were the better team in the first leg, we just didn't perform as we should have. Fully on our game and concentrating we will win this and so put us back on track to qualify out of the group. I feel Poch will look for a result on Thur and then hope to get a result at the Scum with a slice of luck.

We were the better team in the first leg, we just didn't perform as we should have.

I think Poch overloaded the team with one too many tin...erm, flair players. Lamela and Eriksen you can get away with. But when you compound their weakness off the ball with Townsend and N'Jie, then do weird stuff like put Townsend on the left in front of Rose, (he swapped more than once) then tactically we got what we deserved.

That second goal was keystone cops after a good breakaway from us broke down. It's that limp halfhearted midweek disappointment I want to avoid before facing the scum. An easy win at a stroll will keep in the habit of winning.

Half our best team will have to play anyway. Do you want to see them bust a gut for 90 mins because players coming back from injury, or players having confidence issues are making it difficult for us?

I totally get why people would want us to rest players. But I think we need to start getting more cocky.

I think Poch overloaded the team with one too many tin...erm, flair players. Lamela and Eriksen you can get away with. But when you compound their weakness off the ball with Townsend and N'Jie, then do weird stuff like put Townsend on the left in front of Rose, (he swapped more than once) then tactically we got what we deserved.

That second goal was keystone cops after a good breakaway from us broke down. It's that limp halfhearted midweek disappointment I want to avoid before facing the scum. An easy win at a stroll will keep in the habit of winning.

Half our best team will have to play anyway. Do you want to see them bust a gut for 90 mins because players coming back from injury, or players having confidence issues are making it difficult for us?

I totally get why people would want us to rest players. But I think we need to start getting more cocky.
I feel Poch is more desisive this season with his team selection or is it me? The away leg we were better , we just seem to not want to take control. When they got excited we couldnt wake from our slumber.Cocky comes with time although there is a little arrogance we express from time yo time.

Sorry, but we can't risk Trippier. He was a disaster last time out and they will pick on him all night long.

If we'd already qualified then yes play Trippier n Townsend but we haven't so they shouldn't get anywhere near our line up.

They both were shite last time!

Not fussed if we go out of this comp (for well documented reasons), will give us a better chance of top 4, which is looking as ripe for the ploughing as ever.

That said, hate seeing us lose, so a win please to keep the momentum up.

----------------------Lloris----------------------------
Walker----Wimmer----Vertonghen----Davies
---------------Mason-----Dembele-----------------
Lamela-----------Onomah----------------Eriksen
-----------------------N'Jie-----------------------------

If we can get ahead, rest up Dembele, Eriksen and Lamela at some point in the second half.

Sunday is far, far more important than this game.

Sorry, but we can't risk Trippier. He was a disaster last time out and they will pick on him all night long.

He had Townsend in front of him. Why do you think Walker has looked more solid this season?

IMO you can only judge Trippier long term if you play Dier and Dembele in front of him.

Lamela and Townsend is asking a lot of anyone. Even made Dier look bad when he played as a right back after the initial success.

Historically the right wing has been a shambles. Lennon, Townsend and a green Lamela is why Walker is my fav player. He's been thrown under the bus more than anyone.

Back
Top Bottom