Tottenham v Anderlecht at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had Townsend in front of him. Why do you think Walker has looked more solid this season?

IMO you can only judge Trippier long term if you play Dier and Dembele in front of him.

Lamela and Townsend is asking a lot of anyone. Even made Dier look bad when he played as a right back after the initial success.
He was a fucking shambles mate.

He was a fucking shambles mate.

So was Dier at right back after a good start. When Poch puts out a team with Townsend, Njie, Lamela and Eriksen, you will get periods where you are overrun like Triipier was.

I blame Poch for that performance. Not the players.

I'm glad he's starting to sort it out putting Dembele further forward. Much more solid off the ball.

My main issue with playing so called "First Choice" players is that they rarely seem as "up for it" for these games. The hope is the fringe players see this as their opportunity to get in to the team and thus come out full throttle.

Strongest team for me with maybe one or two changes only....

Desperately need to win this one.

Lloris

Walker
Toby
Vertonghen
Davies

Mason
Dembele

Townsend
Eriksen
Lamela

Kane

Update:
here the link http://www.gsp.ro/gsp-special/diver...respins-recursul-procurorilor-dna-462608.html

I will post here this info ,ex-Spurs player in the 90's ,romanian star,Gheorghe Popescu will be released on free in the incoming some hours ,after spending 1 year and a half in prison,he received 3 years total in a dossier of transfers,at that time he was agent of players,but the good behaviour inside the jail convincing the judges today to release him on free,most probable he will be involved in football,his friend Gheorghe Hagi,who is the owner and manager in the same time at his club,FC Viitorul Constanta,a team present in the first league in Romania,said already that he will offer a job to him in this team,not sure if he will accept this,it's unknown his intentions now about his future,we will see in the incoming weeks where he will go.

Almost in danger of forgetting this game really is happeing due to the NLD. Looking through our squad and injuries we actually are unable to rotate too much. I'd like to see Velkovic, Sterling etc in the squad for this but maybe Poch planned to use these for the last group game. For a game we need to get three points from we are gonna have to play fairly strong before Sunday, not ideal but these are athletes we are talking about here. Looking across the squad we are starting to look thin. Poch has his favourites and as we saw last year he likes to use the same 14/15

Same line up as away. Maybe bring in Mason for Townsend (the players could shuffle round to accommodate ). Son (if fit) at some point should get minutes. For me we were the better team away just needed to keep concentration and control. Need to win this.

I'd like Son to get some minutes towards the end if he can, get him a little bit sharper for the derby.

I'm hoping for him to become the Korean VDV in regards to derby days.

Wouldnt that be great, to be our new derby day legend, passing the torch.....

:mong::vdvshh::sonlol:
JENAS to RAFA to SON

I only have to glance at some of these line-ups to deduce that many on here are not actually thinking about tomorrow night, but only about Sunday.
One game at a time...if your whole season revolves around 2 or more matches against the gooners then you need to get out more.............

I only have to glance at some of these line-ups to deduce that many on here are not actually thinking about tomorrow night, but only about Sunday.
One game at a time...if your whole season revolves around 2 or more matches against the gooners then you need to get out more.............

Agreed, one game at a time. That doesn't necessarily contradict thinking Sunday is more important.

For me, the league has to take precedence. The difference between this and (most) other seasons is that we've gone from seeing this - at least the group stage - as a chance to give reserves a runout, to tinkering a bit with rotation. I don't want N'jie, Wimmer, Trippier or anyone else to start just because. Likewise I don't want Kane, Toby or Walker to be rested just because.

End of the day, we should play the strongest 11, but looking at replacing any "league starter" with a squad player, it's gotta be a consideration of two factors. How much does the starter need a rest to be perfectly fit for the League, and how much does the squad player need a game to be happy/feel involved with the team, to continue his development and to retain some match sharpness if and when they're needed due to injury. I think that's how Poch is weighing it up this season as well, looking at how we've started other cup games. As such, it's near impossible to have an informed opinion on how we should start these games, as we don't know those factors.

Agreed, one game at a time. That doesn't necessarily contradict thinking Sunday is more important.

For me, the league has to take precedence. The difference between this and (most) other seasons is that we've gone from seeing this - at least the group stage - as a chance to give reserves a runout, to tinkering a bit with rotation. I don't want N'jie, Wimmer, Trippier or anyone else to start just because. Likewise I don't want Kane, Toby or Walker to be rested just because.

End of the day, we should play the strongest 11, but looking at replacing any "league starter" with a squad player, it's gotta be a consideration of two factors. How much does the starter need a rest to be perfectly fit for the League, and how much does the squad player need a game to be happy/feel involved with the team, to continue his development and to retain some match sharpness if and when they're needed due to injury. I think that's how Poch is weighing it up this season as well, looking at how we've started other cup games. As such, it's near impossible to have an informed opinion on how we should start these games, as we don't know those factors.
Ultimately the best formation for the opposition is the side that needs to take the field. But, statistically speaking, it is easier for us to finish in the top four then it is to win the EL (despite the many people who claim to the contrary) and therefore it makes sense to rest some of Monday's starters until the NLD.

Back
Top Bottom