Tottenham v Brentford - League Cup semifinal 5th Jan, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do, a warm and caring one Billy.

I see you as a tin man type figure.

OIP.ocjbwSLOa1QrffqLQXZhCAAAAA

Under Poch we played a high pressing game, a diamond, conceded possession, controlled possession, wing backs, conventional full backs, 4321, 433, 352, 442.

Sometimes high intensity, sometimes no intensity, sometimes Toby and Dier pinging long passes, sometimes Walker/Trippier and Rose bombing the wings, sometimes getting the ball up quickly, sometimes passing it around the back line and waiting.

But never......Never....all of the above.
So how the living fuck can anyone prefer the way we played under Poch, when sometimes we played the way we play now.
And sometimes worse.

The high press was electrifying 2016- early 2017......was it the same intensity in 2019 to these people? So which one did they prefer to now? Because one was garbage, boring and had us in relegation form for nearly a year.

And some of our best games under Poch we had less possession and less shots as I posted above.

But apparently holding yourself accountable for your posts means your being trolled.
the biggest thing that killed poch is the disrespect he showed us when the united job became available. instead of squashing it and saying he was happy at spurs he flirted with it. that like you said had us in relegation form for a year, he stumbled through to the champions league final though luck in the semi final (vertonghen getting injured so forced to bring on sissoko and get us a hold of midfield as we was getting over run, and lucas having the game of his career in the other leg). he thought he was bigger than us thats why he never squashed united rumours and fucked us over.

Yes Mou, looking at the bigger picture like many on here. Can’t repeat those same mistakes and bad decision against city. But also Mou can’t field the same midfield in the first half against city. Wink has to play. How?? I don’t know but he makes Ndombele and hoiberg job much easier passing the ball from the back and linking plays. He’s the best we currently have might as well play him before going down 0-1.

Take a hint Jose

Skys highlight reel at the end of the City utd game about our game

1)Sissoko goal
2)brentford disallowed goal with a focus on the VAR
3) red card
4) Son goal

Literally trying to make out we scraped through based on a dodgy decision and only scored as they got a player sent off. Son scored before he went off!

Sorry but it’s not rocket science what I’m saying, so I’ll break it down because people are getting confused for nothing.

Mick prefers “the way we played under Poch”

Sammy says “we didn’t play one way under Poch”

Some of the ways we played under Poch were gooooood

Some of the ways we played under Poch were baaaaaaaaad

So nobody can like “the way” we played under Poch for his whole tenure.

Because there were several “ways”

“The way” implies one way.

That is false
We played largely the same formation of a high-tempo high-press but with increasingly worse players toward the end of this tenure

He went from prime Dembele and Wanyama to the Championship duo of Winks and Sissoko, prime Rose and Walker to Davies and a shit Aurier

You cannot execute the job to the same standard with poorer tools - that is all that changed essentially - Poch, much like his father Bielsa is very stubborn and will never change his apprach

1)Sissoko goal
3) red card
4) Son goal

Literally trying to make out we scraped through based on a dodgy decision and only scored as they got a player sent off. Son scored before he went off!
Sounds about right, their bias is impossible to ignore.

the biggest thing that killed poch is the disrespect he showed us when the united job became available. instead of squashing it and saying he was happy at spurs he flirted with it. that like you said had us in relegation form for a year, he stumbled through to the champions league final though luck in the semi final (vertonghen getting injured so forced to bring on sissoko and get us a hold of midfield as we was getting over run, and lucas having the game of his career in the other leg). he thought he was bigger than us thats why he never squashed united rumours and fucked us over.
he was talking about leaving in the pre CL final presser. Absolute insanity. Him and Eriksen and their personal ambitions were key culprits of our demise in that final. We did not arrive in the right frame of mind. AT ALL.

1)Sissoko goal
3) red card
4) Son goal

According to Mick that’s what did happen

The pundits really do hate us or Jose (hard to distinguish between which at this point).

Was listening to the Guardian Football Weekly and they made it out like we nabbed a goal and then parked the bus against Brentford for 90 minutes. I get it wasn't the most exciting game of all time, but thought it was entertaining and not just a defensive affair. Both sides definitely attacked one another.

The pundits really do hate us or Jose (hard to distinguish between which at this point).

Was listening to the Guardian Football Weekly and they made it out like we nabbed a goal and then parked the bus against Brentford for 90 minutes. I get it wasn't the most exciting game of all time, but thought it was entertaining and not just a defensive affair. Both sides definitely attacked one another.
And our fans lap it up hook line and sinker.

He is a wanker!
Pot, kettle
Rich coming from the poster who has waged a campaign against me since I pointed out what a lying fraud you were.
At least I'm honest.
What will you do now - another one of your hard man, tough guy posts? Threaten to give me a working over when you are next in the uk? That's the kind of thing a wanker does.
Or how about attempting to belittle someone for the job they do (and getting it wrong) or trying to ridicule them for the service they gave to their country. I'd say that was the kind of thing that a wanker would do.
Enjoy your day. You have a strange way of occupying it.

Back
Top Bottom