Tottenham v Brentford - League Cup semifinal 5th Jan, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not one to get involved in arguments on internet forums but seen this kind of thing a lot on here and dunno what the issue is.

It's obvious to anybody with two eyes and a brain that the football we've play under Jose this season has been for the most part unadventurous. I would go as far to say that's objective.

There is an absolute chasm in the different approaches of Mourinho and Pochettino - good days and bad days aside.

Personally the enjoyment has been sucked out of watching us to a certain extent with JM at the helm. Interestingly I don't even think Mourinho particularly likes how we play which begs the question, what is he doing about it?
you can see that???

you can see that??

REALLLY????

You can see that as wellllll?

I thought it was only meeeeee that COULD SEE DEAD
PEOPLE

Ah yes, you are now a disciple of the Sammy school of "It's my post so its beyond reproach or question"
Sorry, I forgot.
Such a shame. I can remember when you were a decent poster.
Still, I've been around so long, I can remember when sammy was one as well.

By the way - you forgot to accuse me of being a gooner or a hammers fan.
Thanks Gooner/Hammers fan.

DenseHollow300.jpg

Sooo blocky - how are you doing in the latest lockdown, are you getting any exercise - or just slobbing on the sofa starting mindless on line arguments and trolling people?

Not one to get involved in arguments on internet forums but seen this kind of thing a lot on here and dunno what the issue is.

It's obvious to anybody with two eyes and a brain that the football we've play under Jose this season has been for the most part unadventurous. I would go as far to say that's objective.

There is an absolute chasm in the different approaches of Mourinho and Pochettino - good days and bad days aside.

Personally the enjoyment has been sucked out of watching us to a certain extent with JM at the helm. Interestingly I don't even think Mourinho particularly likes how we play which begs the question, what is he doing about it?
Quite a lot of games under Poch were uninspired, robotic and dire to watch, especially toward the latter end of his tenure. The only difference was we insisted on trying to play the ball out from back. We often relied on a Kane worldie and then called it creative football.

Is there really a Spurs Way of playing football? Like the United Way?

As far as I can tell, the United Way was characterized as attacking football while bringing through youngsters from their academy. I can remember SAF being a real pragmatic manager and they have set up very pragmatically against many sides. I’m not sure how the United Way got it’s characteristics. Was it through their early years of having a great batch of youngsters back in the day who were dominant and then paired with SAF’s years of success?

How would our fans characterize this Spurs Way of playing football that I hear some of our posters mention?

As a fan, I care most about the winning way:)

DenseHollow300.jpg

Sooo blocky - how are you doing in the latest lockdown, are you getting any exercise - or just slobbing on the sofa starting mindless on line arguments and trolling people?
It’s always trolling when people can’t answer though isn’t it.
Haha, happy to write 6000 words about someone’s personality on the forum but can’t answer a simple question.

Do you think we played one way for 5.5 years under Poch?

Is there really a Spurs Way of playing football?
Under Poch we played a high pressing game, a diamond, conceded possession, controlled possession, wing backs, conventional full backs, 4321, 433, 352, 442.

Sometimes high intensity, sometimes no intensity, sometimes Toby and Dier pinging long passes, sometimes Walker/Trippier and Rose bombing the wings, sometimes getting the ball up quickly, sometimes passing it around the back line and waiting.

But never......Never....all of the above.
So how the living fuck can anyone prefer the way we played under Poch, when sometimes we played the way we play now.
And sometimes worse.

The high press was electrifying 2016- early 2017......was it the same intensity in 2019 to these people? So which one did they prefer to now? Because one was garbage, boring and had us in relegation form for nearly a year.

And some of our best games under Poch we had less possession and less shots as I posted above.

But apparently holding yourself accountable for your posts means your being trolled.

DenseHollow300.jpg

Manc derbies on mate - are you watching it - or wasting your time trying to have conversations with people that would rather microwave their testicles than waste their lives engaging with you?

Under Poch we played a high pressing game, a diamond, conceded possession, controlled possession, wing backs, conventional full backs, 4321, 433, 352, 442.

Sometimes high intensity, sometimes no intensity, sometimes Toby and Dier pinging long passes, sometimes Walker/Trippier and Rose bombing the wings, sometimes getting the ball up quickly, sometimes passing it around the back line and waiting.

But never......Never....all of the above.
So how the living fuck can anyone prefer the way we played under Poch, when sometimes we played the way we play now.
And sometimes worse.

The high press was electrifying 2016- early 2017......was it the same intensity in 2019 to these people? So which one did they prefer to now? Because one was garbage, boring and had us in relegation form for nearly a year.

And some of our best games under Poch we had less possession and less shots as I posted above.

But apparently holding yourself accountable for your posts means your being trolled.

Right. That’s what I was trying to get to in my post.

Unless you’re a barcelona (and several others) who had clearly implemented a system all through their youth programs or a Bielsa type manager/coach, most clubs approach opponents in the manner of who they have as their manager/coach and most managers/coaches approach games based on their opponents. I would even argue that Barcelona is having challenges playing their style of football right now.

Edit: and in addition to the above, how a manager/coach approach an opponent depends heavily on what players they have i’m their squad to work with. So, it can change from season to season based on players and their form and fitness as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom