Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Doherty - Sanchez - Toby - Davies
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Dier gets a rest after 90 shitty minutes for England.

I can't wait for us to beat these cunts, it's funny everyone other than Spurs fans seem to think we will finish mid table, call Mourinho finished & our signing shit yet say Ancelotti is brilliant, the same people say Kane is finished if he doesn't score a goal a game & Dele is shit but Maddison & Grealish are amazing yet Deles numbers are as good as theirs ith half the minutes played

After lockdown we would have finished 4th no? And we have improved the first 11 but we are going backwards according to some mentally inferior cunts

Looking forward to shutting everyone up

Just sad how football has become, pure Fifa wankers that don't have a clue and listen to Paul Merson & Adrian Durham for their football knowledge
"There is no greater natural advantage in life than having an enemy overestimate your faults” - Mario Puzo.

Are you serious?

He was the only guy that could take the ball from our back 4 to the front 3 and on the few times he was able to get up to the front 3 and play with Kane and Son we almost always at least created something.

The only reason he didn't create enough last year is he was so busy doing the work that Winks and Sissoko should have done in moving the ball up the pitch.

LOL

2 assists in about 30 games last season. 5 assists during his entire time in Spain.

He is NOT a creative player. He is a hard worker and ball winner. He is more of a replacement for Sissoko than he is Eriksen.

LOL

2 assists in about 30 games last season. 5 assists during his entire time in Spain.

He is NOT a creative player. He is a hard worker and ball winner. He is more of a replacement for Sissoko than he is Eriksen.

I would say more of an Alli replacement if anything. His last year in Betis he had 9 goals, he is best playing close to the front players because he is good at making quick short passes, can dribble in tight and has good offensive instincts.

Last year is a terrible way to judge him because, as mentioned, he was the only MFer willing and able to move the ball forward so he often had to okay out of position and do way too much.

If we can get a competent CM to play with him, Ndombele if he can play to his potential, we will see what Lo Celso can really do. We saw it at time’s and he was by far the best MF we had last year even playing out of position.

To U.S. Spurs: is NBC not covering this game? I can’t find it on my direct TV search. I have a bad feeling about this season in terms of coverage from NBC. The whole Sports Gold shell game the last few years was frustrating.....now they have “Peacock Premium” which doesn’t say shit about broadcasting matches.
My laptop still has healing sores from dipping into illegal sites.

To U.S. Spurs: is NBC not covering this game? I can’t find it on my direct TV search. I have a bad feeling about this season in terms of coverage from NBC. The whole Sports Gold shell game the last few years was frustrating.....now they have “Peacock Premium” which doesn’t say shit about broadcasting matches.

It's on Peacock Premium. They know exactly what they're doing, just occasionally kidnapping the odd game for every heavily-supported club, so you need both a cable subscription AND the streaming service to watch your team.

Everytime we play Everton everybody on this forum is like “omg look at all the names they have. We can’t take them lightly. We’re in big trouble.” Then we beat them pretty easily. They are one of the most overrated teams since the Premier League started. Also there’s no guarantees their new signings are going to adapt well to the PL considering what leagues they come from. While our two signings both have a lot of PL experience. Quit melting before the season has even started.

Everytime we play Everton everybody on this forum is like “omg look at all the names they have. We can’t take them lightly. We’re in big trouble.” Then we beat them pretty easily. They are one of the most overrated teams since the Premier League started. Also there’s no guarantees their new signings are going to adapt well to the PL considering what leagues they come from. While our two signings both have a lot of PL experience. Quit melting before the season has even started.
We have a good record against them - there is probably no player at the club right now who has ever lost to Everton - but 2 of the last 3 have been draws and the lockdown 1-0 was only won with an own goal that was just about our only shot in the game.

We cannot underestimate Everton. Especially in an opening day game.

We cannot underestimate any opponent for that matter.

We can overestimate them though. Too many performances under Mourinho have been reactionary rather than taking the game to the opponents.

I know that's often part of his game plan but I'd like to see us start on the front foot.

I just want to See Bergwijn instead of Lucas and Sanchez instead of Dier and i dont want to see Winks or Sissoko starting, i have the feeling i will be very upset when the team is announced, still in Jose we trust.

1/4 of the squad will be injured by October
Well the Premier league are saying that they will not agree postponements if players are missing for Covid reasons as long as the club has 14 available players including under 21's. Need to make sure all players mingle so if the first teamers have to quarantine we cannot be made to play the under 21's as they will also have to quarantine.

Bale to come off then bench in the 70th minute and score to make
It 6-0 to spurs, seriously is there any point playing any games this season , just give us the trophy now! :mourear:

Fucking Peacock. $4.99 a month. My guess is that teams in the top 4 will get most of the NBC Sports slots. Good thing is you can listen for free at Tottenhamhotspur.com

Back
Top Bottom