Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disgraceful 2nd half display. Zero fightback, zero guts, zero clue.

Defensively well poor, especially on our right flank. Early days, but Doherty wasn't good defensively, and Holberg looked a right plodder.

Very discouraging for the rest of the season

Mourinho will be gone in 10 games. They aren't even running for him. If you can't even motivate the players to run for you its over.
We are done as a team, We have no creativity, hopeful long diagonals and individual brilliance is all we are relying on.
It's a full rebuild guys.
As for Ndombele should be have been sold in the summer as I said, he came on for 15 mins and didn't break out a jog once but now we have a 60m lump sitting on the bench who can't be trusted to put in 20 mins honest work.
He wasn't the reason we lost, but we really need that 60m investment elsewhere, we can't do without it.
Haha, did Nbombole really come on? I must have missed that, obviously didn't realise from his non-contribution

No hiding place on this. Lack of quality shining through and players realising mid match how utterly shit they are. In this day and age you cannot finish 6th and buy a Southampton and Wolves player and think you are going to close the gap, that screams of austerity.

Normal service resumed.

Our game plan consists of getting the ball to Lloris, Dier and Alderweireld who then wonder what to do with it.

Hojbjerg outstandingly ordinary.

Doherty had a good first half and then disappeared. At this moment he's texting Nuno saying there's been a mistake.

Everyone else gets 1/10 for getting their boots laced up on the correct foot.

Our game summed up by Son's free-kick at the end of the first half. Roll it infield and let someone else have a go - whereupon the ref blows time.

Where do we go from here?

Remember the many posts in the Jose thread, "Who would turn down playing for Jose"?

Many have already, the better question is, "Who would want to play for him with these fucking tactics"?

Well they’re not playing for him now quite clearly

Putting N’Dombelly on yes for starters but I’m at a loss
So many things wrong
But firstly get rid of that fat waste of space as a priority
We played like shite second half before he came on.

Mourinho decided to put Sissoko on as a right midfielder. His thinking behind it was probably that Richarlson was getting space due to Doherty playing so upfield but he shouldn't be thinking defensively against Everton at home ffs.

Sissoko ending up as a right back proves it was a massive error.

Message to Levy and the rest: you want to charge top prices, then you're gonna have to serve up better quality football than that dross. That was a bottom of the table performance on show in an architectural marvel. There's a proper big disconnect going on.

Limp. Absolutely nothing I watched gave me any joy today. Kane needed to be pulled because he was fucking rubbish. But we have no CF to challenge him. No creativity. I watched James and was actually jealous that they have a player and a playmaker with immediate quality to their product. We bring on a half fit lump of lard in Ndombele, too late to change anything. Comfortably beaten at home by the mini scousers in every department. It’s going to be a long season. We really need that idiot Hitchen to start earning his coin and for Levy to take some chances with money. We are fucked if we don’t. Mid table at best with what I saw today, & worryingly the worst case scenario is that we give more ground to teams like everton. Would go home and kick the dog if I didn’t know she’d fucking savage me

Back
Top Bottom