Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be a difficult first match. I think Everton will finally become a top 6 contender this season - "Ancelotti" written all over their new signings.

3 x 2 win - hat-trick from Hojbjerg.

Everton are endemically shit. Even when money comes into the club, they spend it on shit. Their kits are shit. Their sponsors are shit. Their ground is shit. The plans to build a new stadium will go to shit. They're just shit full stop.

Everton are endemically shit. Even when money comes into the club, they spend it on shit. Their kits are shit. Their sponsors are shit. Their ground is shit. The plans to build a new stadium will go to shit. They're just shit full stop.
I disagree. I think their signings were really good this time. I also think they will start the season with a very good manager for the first time.

They have a brilliant midfield if all these signings are confirmed. Probably a better one than will be starting for us as I’m guessing it will be Hojberg/winks with Dele in front.

Although I’m hoping we will catch them cold as it will be the first time their midfield starts with each other.

They have a brilliant midfield if all these signings are confirmed. Probably a better one than will be starting for us as I’m guessing it will be Hojberg/winks with Dele in front.

Although I’m hoping we will catch them cold as it will be the first time their midfield starts with each other.

I think they have good potential in their midfield if everyone plays their best. I am not sure I trust James to come in and give it his best all the time playing for mid-table Everton, although with our luck that effort may not dip until later in the season.

1-1 or a late 2-1 Spurs win. People underestimating Everton, they have been shit but they’re the type of a team that makes the first league game difficult because you don’t know what to expect from them. Will they sit back? Will they try to control possession? Will their midfield win the battle against ours and make it difficult to take control of the game?

Did you mom always use to say that?
Yes she did funnily enough, God rest her soul. Usually because of me eating in bed, I was terrible for doing it. My lad was exactly the same, caught him eating fish and chips in his bed once. The smell lasted for fucking days.

Last edited:
What. A. Fucking. Animal.

Hopefully you chinned him?
His mother 'had words'. That method always seemed to work better than my threats of violence. He's 20 now and 2" taller and about two stone heavier than me but still allows me to shout at him :roflmao:. He's a good lad and we're both very proud of how he's turned out.

Last edited:
If Winks and Sissoko start I'll cry

I think if healthy Winks is 100% starting, don't think Sissoko will but if Winks is not healthy then Sissoko would be in so we are getting at least one of them plus like Moura, Davies and Dier so should be super awesome watching those plugs plod around the pitch.

This post will age well, I can feel it in my waters...

What I'd love to see:

Lloris
Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son
What we're going to see:

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Either way, I do think we'll get off to a winning start.

2-0

Kane brace.

A match against any team reaching PL status is never going to be easy. Best league in the world imo. Everton will go for it. We must be on our toes for this opener.
3-1 .

What I'd love to see:

Lloris
Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son
What we're going to see:

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Either way, I do think we'll get off to a winning start.

2-0

Kane brace.
I´d wait a bit more to see Lo Celso against Watford. If he is fit, I think he will start the season in the first team - also, even if he´s not playing, I think Winks would be ahead of Sissoko to play alongside Hojbjerg.

Back
Top Bottom